Chapter 1

The soul should always stand ajar, ready to welcome the ecstatic experience.

-Emily Dickinson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Beep Beep."

My alarm rang agonizing the Jane Austen(The most polite version of me) in me .

I punched the shut up button on the alarm to turn it off.Wait I never wake up late.

What was the reason...Wait OH MY GOD I couldn't sleep last night because my letter of confirmation was going to come from Harvard University. (Whether they have selected me or not for the scholarship)

I started shaking and then sped off downstairs and outside the door right to the post box opened it.

Mr.Granger Hills

Mr.Granger Hills

Mr.Granger Hill

Ms.Victoria Granger.

I threw all the other letters and ran inside.My mom came running towards me

and asked politely," Did you take your pills darling you don't look ok?"

Yes my parents have started to give me pills that slow down my hyper activeness. That's another case that I don't take them because I know they are only over reacting.

"No mom I ....." I exclaimed clenching and showing her the letter in my hand.

Words weren't even finding there way this has only happened to me once when I had a severe cause of  diarrhea in last year. I'd kindly not like to discuss it here.

I tore the envelope and started reading

. I swear if I were a heart patient I would have died in those minutes. My heart beat was reaching the skies.

I saw ," Congratulations You have cleared........"

I collapsed on the sofa thinking that probably this is just one of the  dreams I have seen but then why am I not waking up. It seemed real.

"Mom pinch me ",I said

My mom gave off a loud laugh and slapped me hard and wait I was back to reality and wait I'm still here only that I'm being hugged by Stephanie my younger  sister.

Now I genuinely believe that this is as real as Mona Lisa's Painting.

I let out a scream and started jumping on the sofa.

My dad came down stair for all the hysteria that was happening here.

Jack my little three years old brother even got excited and started doing a funny dance.

"Jack you look like John Ashberry the American famous poet. Does anyone feel like hearing his poem?"

"No!!!" They all shouted in chorus.

"Alright, alright. I just said that because now that'll be going to London you guys won't be able to hear me reciting poems.

-------------

"Mom can you hold this." I told her handing her my shopping bag. And saving myself from drowning in the number of shopping bags I was holding.

Yes, lately I have been shopping like a lunatic I mean my flight to London is in two days so how can I not.My dad even made me learn how to drive.

We came home and I continued doing what I've been doing since a week packing my suitcases.

Stephanie my younger sister was in my room.