Chapter 7

What's in a name? 
That which we call a "rose"
By any other name would smell as sweet.
-William Shakespeare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next thing I knew was I was being embraced by my partner.

"Thank you." I whispered in his ears.

"It's no big deal." He shrugged, pulling away from the embrace.

"I don't even know how to return your favour. Thank you so much." I babbled again.

"Don't worry about that, babe." He replied smirking.

I grabbed my suitcases and then glanced at my wrist watch.

HOLY FUDGE! IT'S EIGHT O'CLOCK ALREADY!!

You've got to be kidding me!

"I should be leaving." I said to him. "It's already really late. But thank you a lot for today. "

"It won't be easy to forget you." I joked, although I knew that was anything but the truth.

He stared into my eyes for a little too long and simply murmured, "You too." and then asked, "How are you planning to go?"

"Well I booked a cab online, it was ... for 3 o'clock ... but ... anyways I'll find a cab or something." I told him.

"No ,wait. You can come with me I'll drop you." He offered.

"No, you have already done enough. You really don't have to." I asserted.

But he reached out for my trolley and started rolling it, "You're coming with me, babe." he said.

Wait, did that guy just order Victoria Granger? Who dares to do that!!

Well but he used the "B" word. And yes, that's the reason I'm following him or so I told my fluttering heart.

"You're walking in the wrong direction! The exit is opposite to where you are going! " I said to him

"I know a shortcut." He said winking at me.

Lalaalala

He winked! And my inner self is dancing on the Eiffel Tower.

We arrived at a small door.

"OK at the count of three we run, ok?" He said.

"OK." I said

Before I could ask anything he started counting.

"1 ... 2 ... 3 ...GO!" He shouted or maybe I just felt as if he did .

He grabbed my hand and we were running in the empty place towards a sleek,beautiful, black car.

A stout man came out of the car as soon as we were a feet from the car. He took my trolley from me and motioned us to sit inside.

"OK! Now can I ask you why we were running? " I turned towards him.

"There are usually paps ...like, there are thieves .. like, uh, lots of them." He said thinking hard and laughing at his own joke.

I stared at him as if not impressed.

"Thieves? Are you sure?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"You'll learn about them slowly." He said simpering.

Can someone please tell this guy he is making absolutely no sense and the only reason I'm smiling is because he is just too good to look at.

We were interrupted by his dad or whoever that stout man was.