Chapter Eleven

[Unedited]

"So..." Taehyung said as he brushed the wig hair out of his face and back into a cute little pigtail.

Yoongi eyed him oddly in the mirror, "So... what?"

"How did your date with the Prince go?" He asked innocently.

Yoongi froze and then whipped around to glare at Taehyung. He pointed an accusing finger at him before whispering harshly, "How did you know about that?"

Taehyung grinned and shrugged his shoulders, "I'm friends with your maids. Don't worry, the news hasn't gotten out besides to me."

Yoongi let out a breath of relief and then slouched back into his seat, "Thank fuck."

"Please don't curse here."

"Fuck no."

Taehyung sighed in disappointment.

"You know, Hyunjoo noona, I've been snooping," the younger starts off, "and I've found out some pretty strange stuff."

Yoongi rolled his eyes, "Like what?"

Taehyung stayed silent for a second and stopped his fiddling about with the wighair. Yoongi looked into the mirror to meet his gaze, now curious about what Taehyung has discovered. The younger bit his lower lip before letting the news slip out.

"Your brother got drafted and is joining the guards at the castle after his training. Well that's only if Yoongi hyung survives."

Yoongi feels his breath hitch.

Jimin, what the fuck are you doing?

-

"Jungkook," Yoongi called out to the guard.

Jungkook turned to see who it was and instantly turned back to stare intently at the wall in front of him. He does not want to deal with Yoongi right now.

The older neared the younger and then cleared his throat, "Jungkook, I need to talk to you."

"I am on duty. I cannot talk to you right now," Jungkook replied smoothly.

Yoongi rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest, "It isn't about your little scandal if that's what you're worried about. It'll only take a second, so can you please just listen to me?"

"I'm sorry," Jungkook huffed and turned to meet Yoongi's gaze. "I really can't talk to you right now. But if you really want to talk, we can schedule a time to meet up when I'm done with my shift."

Yoongi didn't hesitate as he was shaking his head in agreement not even a heartbeat later, "Yes please."

"Fine, I'll meet you in your bedroom after five. Be there or you'll have to wait for another time," Jungkook warned.

Yoongi nodded and then scurried off. He doesn't seem to be on Jungkook's good side yet, but at least he's going to get some solid information from him.

-

Hoseok sighed, feeling a pair of lips working magic on his collarbones. His fingers tightened their grip on the other person's hair.

"Jungkook, don't leave any marks. I have, mmm, something important to do to-tomorrow," Hoseok managed to say.

The young guard pulled away and looked up into the Prince's eyes, "Fine."

Hoseok gave him a lopsided grin before a beeping interrupted them. The prince groaned and looked as his watch.

"I have to get going, Kooks. Seems like my six o'clock meeting is approaching," Hoseok reached out and pecked Jungkook on the lips before quickly disappearing out of the small alcove.

Jungkook ran his hands through his hair in hopes of cleaning it up a little. He was getting ready to head down to dinner when he remembered something.

Shit, Hyunjoo noona!

-

"Oh my god, what took you so long? You're forty minutes late!" Yoongi exclaimed as soon as Jungkook stepped into his room and closed the door behind him.

Jungkook huffed, "Do you want the honest truth or would you prefer a scrappy excuse I pulled out of my ass?"

"Your ass may be big enough to hold your excuses, but I'd rather hear the truth," Yoongi said. He then muttered under his breath, "I hope I don't regret this later."

Jungkook smirked, "I may or may not had been enjoying myself for the time being."

"You're disgusting."

"You asked."

"Anyways," Yoongi changed the topic before he could get sick imagining Jungkook sucking someone off, "I wanted to ask you something important."

Jungkook arched a brow and sat down on Yoongi's bed nonchalantly, "Oh? And what would that be?"

"You know about incoming guards from training, right?" Yoongi asked.

Jungkook sat up straighter in interest, "Yes... why do you ask?" Yoongi looked away uneasy and Jungkook chuckled dryly. "Don't tell me you left an ex boyfriend back home after just breaking up, and that you joined the selection to get over him. And now that you've heard rumors that he's a guard here, you're looking for the chance to rekindle that love affair while slowly falling in love with the prince. Then this whole commotion occurs and-"

"What the fuck, no bro," Yoongi cut him off with a sour expression. "I'm not in for that drama shit."

Jungkook rolled his eyes, "Then why do you want to know about incoming guards from training?"

"My brother."

Silence beated around the room as Jungkook's jaw dropped. Well, he surely didn't see that coming.

"I want to know if my brother will be safe."

Jungkook scratched the back of his neck and sighed deeply, "Well, I can't really ensure you that. I'm not gonna lie to you, training for to be a capital guard is hard. There's never been a year where someone doesn't die during training."

"Do you think he'll survive?"

"I'm not sure. It's pretty fifty-fifty," Jungkook admitted. "To be honest, I almost died three times during training, and it was hell to recover from that."

"So you're telling me my brother can die?"

"Pretty much, unfortunately," the younger sighed. The topic was making him feel depressed.

Yoongi groaned and punched a wall, alarming the guard in his bedroom, "Fucking idiot! If he doesn't die during training, then I'll kill him with my two bare hands!"

"Isn't it illegal if he didn't join, though?"

"It's... complicated."

-

"Here are the results, miss," the doctor handed a sheet of paper to the women.

She scanned its contents before sighing, tears flowing down her face. Her voice cracked as she said, "Of course, I knew this was going to happen. Thank you, doctor."

"We can start treatments if you'd like?" The doctor offered, his gaze full of pity.

The lady shook her head quickly, "Not yet. Not quite yet."