Chapter 17 - Telling the boys

Simon's POV:

The walk back to Josh's house was short - only about 5 minutes. He insisted on carrying my backpack because it was quite heavy. I let him because I was too emotionally drained.

Josh unlocked the front door. As we walked into the living room we were met with the 5 concerned faces of our friends.
"Oh my god Simon are you ok?" Vik said running towards me and engulfing me in a hug. I just smiled weakly at him.

"What happened. I called Josh's mom to ask if you were ok after today and she said you were at the police station so I rang the others and we all came round as quick as we could" JJ said

"Thanks for the concern guys but I'm fine" I said and felt Josh's eyes staring at me.
"Simon tell the truth. You're not fine. Stop pretending that you're fine when you're not" He said tears forming in his eyes. I walked further towards him and held onto his hand.
"Fine I'm not fine. I haven't been for a while. I just don't like bothering people with my problems"
"You could never bother me with your problems. I will always be here for you" He said and pulled me into a tight hug.
"Thanks Josh" I said

"So what happened?" Harry asked
"You don't have to tell us if you don't want to. But we're here for you if you do" Tobi said

"I want to tell them but I can't say it" I whispered quietly so only Josh could hear it.
"Do you want me to tell them?" Josh asked and I just nodded my head. I hooked myself under his arm as he began to speak.

"Simon's dad is a cunt" He started. I hit him playfully.
"I mean that's true but can you just get it over and done with"
"Sure baby" He said
"Anyway he's homophobic and does't like the fact that Simon wears 'feminine' clothes. He's abusive" He said. I tensed up at that word.

Before I knew it 6 people were hugging me.
"Ow guys my side" I said "Although I do appreciate the hug"
"Sorry we didn't exactly think" Ethan said
"We love you Simon" Vik said
"I love you guys too" I replied

Sometimes my friends were morons but they were my morons.