Chapter 3 - Friends

Simon's POV:

I sat down in English and immediately the people in front of me turned around.

"How the fuck is a f*g like you friends with a year 12"
"He's a year 12?" I questioned
"Yeah how did you not know that"
"I don't really know him. I've only just met him" I replied
"Oh ok" they said and turned back around.

After English it was lunch so Vik and I went to the cafeteria. For lunch there was three different sessions. Years 7 and 8 shared the first. Year 9 shared with year 10 and years 11 and 12 shared.

We sat in our usual place in the back corner away from everyone one but today other people came and sat with us. I immediately recognised one of them. I could recognise those striking, emerald eyes anywhere.

"Hi Simon" he said as he sat down next to me.
"Hey Josh, thanks for earlier by the way"
"It's no problem really"
Another one of his friends sat across from him and next to Vik.
"Hi again Vik" he said "This is my friend JJ" he continued signalling to the guy next to Vik.
"Hi" JJ said loudly.

"So can we sit with you" Josh asked
"Sure. We usually just talk and do separate projects." I replied
"That's fine" he said

We spent most of lunch just talking and laughing whilst I sketched and Vik continued writing the story that he was currently working on. They were actually really funny and genuinely nice people.
Vik got on with JJ especially even though they were polar opposites.

"Can I borrow your phone for a second" Josh asked me as we were getting up to leave.
"Sure it's kind of old though" I replied
He took it from my hand and did something before giving it back to me.
I took it and looked at it. It was on a new contact that said 'Josh'. I just smiled at him and said "I"ll text you".

"You so like Josh" Vik said as we were walking away.
"Says you with JJ" I replied
"What do you mean?" He questioned
"I saw how well you got along"
"Whatever he's most likely straight anyway"
"Same with Josh"

Can't believe that I just made more friends other than Vik.