Chapter 5 - Friday

~Warning~ censored homophobic language and depicted abuse so if you are triggered by either probably don't read this. Stay safe friends.

Simon's POV:

Yesterday when I was texting Josh I heard the front door slam. I quickly said that I needed to go and looked around. I hadn't done the hovering. Great. Fucking great.

He pushed in the room and looked around.
"What the fuck have you been doing all day!?" He questioned
"I-I went to school then came home and did my homework, cooked dinner and washed up"
"Well you haven't fucking hovered. This place looks a mess. It's all your fault."
He slapped me hard across the face which caused me to stumble back a bit. I didn't however let a whimper of pain escape my lips because I knew that would make it 10 times worse.
"Get it done now. If it's not done in 10 minutes there will be worse conse-"
He was cut off by the sound of a text tone coming from my phone. He grabbed it aggressively off the counter.

"Who the fuck is Josh with a green heart. Is he a disgusting little f*g too"
"He's just a friend I promise"
"Well it's doesn't seem like that he said 'Bye see you tomorrow' with a blue heart"

I inwardly awwed when I sent bye I put a green heart just like the one by his name I also put green because it reminded me of his eyes. I can't believe he actually put a heart back.

"So you got a boyfriend who is just as f*ggy as you or is he only with you because you look like a girl" That hurt I had to admit. Usually I take the comments on the chin. Sure they hurt a bit but usually I could take it. However that is one of my worst fears. People only liking me because of how I dressed not because of me at all.

"He's not my boyfriend" I said trying to remain calm and not cry.
"Don't fucking lie to me" he said and before I knew it I was on the floor in a whole world of pain.

*back to present*

My dad barged into the room.
"You're to stay in this house today do you hear me. No one is to see you like that. I can't have social services getting involved. I called about your absence. You will be back in Monday" he said. I just nodded my head. He slammed the door and then left for work.

Today was going to be boring. I got up and went to the bathroom. I stared at myself in the mirror. I had a big red bruise across one side of my face. It should have gone down by Monday.

I got my phone from where it had been the previous night. Luckily my dad hadn't smashed this one. I quickly text Josh and Vik saying I wouldn't be in"

"Sorry I'm not going to be in today. I've got quite a bad headache"

I got a reply from Vik that said "Aww get better soon" I could tell he was kind of panicking about being alone.

I also got a reply from Josh "Aww so sad to hear. Get better soon. Also don't worry we'll look after Vik whilst you're gone." I sent back a reply almost immediately "Thank you" he was so thoughtful he truly was such a nice person.

Josh's POV:

I got to school and met up with the boys.
"Hey Simon's not in today he's ill so I said we'd look after Vik until he's back. He should be around by the year 11 lockers."

"I'll go get him" JJ said excitedly as he quickly walked off towards where they were. I just smirked. Something in me had the idea that JJ maybe liked Vik. I have no idea why.

I caught up with him and he was standing by Vik's locker when Vik came over.
"Oh hi guys" he said shyly
"Hi Vik we thought that you'd want some company since Simon's not here" I said
"Oh thanks guys" he responded.

I don't know why but I kind of had a bad feeling about Simon not being here. I must just miss him. I'm sure it's probably not a big deal.