Chapter 15 - Telling Josh

Josh's POV:

I woke up to the feeling of kisses being placed on my forehead. I smiled and opened my eyes. I saw Simon with scruffy hair and a weak smile on his face.

"Sorry for waking you up"

"It's fine we should probably get back up anyway"

"What time is it?"

"Half 5. Wow we slept for like 5 hours" I said.

"Shit I've gotta get home" he said beginning to rush to get up

I grabbed his arm.

"Simon" I said sternly "You are not going home till you tell me exactly what you meant by what you said this afternoon" I said looking at him meaningfully

"Ok" he said and his arm relaxed in my grip. He still must be so tired from today that he had no energy to argue with me.

"What did you mean Simon?" I said. He just burst into tears. After a few more moments he just lifts his t-shirt up to reveal large, dark bruises covering his ribs.

"Oh my god Simon. I thought you said no one has bullied you in like 2 weeks" I said shocked

"They haven't" He replied quietly

"What do you me-" I cut myself off. Anger grew inside of me.

"He did this?" I said. He didn't answer he just nodded slowly.

"I'm going to kill that son of a bitch. Does anyone else know about this" I ask rather loudly. I was so overcome with anger.

Just then my mom comes walking into the room quickly. She noticed Simon crying and immediately got worried.

"Josh what's going on?" She asks

Then I broke down into tears and sat down on my bed next to Simon. I was so distraught. I couldn't believe he would ever do anything like that to Simon. Sure he didn't seem like a nice person but why would anyone ever want to hurt Simon. He's so sweet and kind.

Simon then climbed onto my lap like before but this time I tucked my head into his neck and just cried as he cried above me.

"I'm being such a dick" I said pulling away "it's happening to you and I'm getting upset but I can't understand why anyone would do that" I said to him

"It's okay Josh you're allowed to have emotions as well" He said

"Boys what's going on?" My mom asked her voice laced with concern

"You have to tell her Si" I said looking at him. He just looked down at his hands.

"I can't say it" he said quietly.

"Do you want me to just show her" I said and he quickly nodded his head.

"You know what I was talking to you about earlier" I said. She just nodded her head at me. I slowly lifted Simon's shirt at the side and he looked in the opposite direction. My mom now burst into tears so all three of us were just crying.

"We have to do something" She said

"I know" I replied

"Like what?" Simon asked

"Well first of all there is no way you are going back to that house" My mom started. "You can stay in here with Josh" She said.

"Oh and we're calling the police" she said as she exited the room. Simon just nodded.