Chapter 8 - Before the party

Simon's POV:

I was nervous. All week I had been asking Josh about what we were doing tonight. He hadn't gave me any clues at all. He just kept saying "You'll have to wait and see".

Although I was nervous I was also extremely excited. I'm pretty sure none of my new friends knew it was my birthday so I hadn't gotten anything but Vik text me saying 'Happy Birthday' this morning.

Honestly I didn't even care if he knew it was my birthday although spending some of it with Josh and having loads of other friends would definitely make it my best birthday ever.

As usual my dad didn't remember. I wouldn't want him to anyway. He would just ruin it like always.

JJ's POV:

We were setting up for the party. It was at Josh's house because Josh insisted it would be.

Josh's parents were gone for the weekend, he didn't say where. So even though they know we're having the party we'll be able to clean up before they get back.

I find it so hard keeping secrets and there has been so many. I'm not supposed to know about Simon's birthday, the party is a surprise. And most of all that Josh likes Simon.

It's so obvious to me that he does. He won't do anything though. He's afraid of rejection. He is a very strong person, he can throw a good punch but one thing that no one expects from him is the deep down fear he has of rejection.

I suppose it started with him coming out as bi. He was worried about rejection that might come of it. But recently he is more open. He doesn't give a shit who knows things. He's bisexual and proud. But I think that he's still sceptical about relationship rejection so maybe it will take a while for this ship to sail.

A/n Thanks for over 100 reads