Chapter 13 - Panic attack

Fun fact: I wrote this chapter 1st before all the others the wrote the first 12.

Vik's POV:

We were sitting in English class learning about Romeo and Juliet when the teacher mentioned family. She was talking about Juliet's relationship with her mother and how our parents and our relationship with our parents shape us into the people we are and who we are most likely going to be.

I was so intently focused on the lesson that I didn't notice Simon it was only when I heard someone else say "Oi what's wrong with f*g boy" that I looked over.

He had tears streaming down his face and he was hyperventilating hard. I quickly got out of my seat and ran over to him.

"Simon, can u hear me, what's wrong?" I questioned trying to remain as calm as possible. He didn't answer he just shook his head. I tried so many things to calm him down but nothing worked.

"Simon what do you need?" I asked trying to be as helpful as possible.

"Josh, I need Josh" he said in a whispered voice. Immediately I turned around and was greeted by the sight of the whole class and teacher staring at us.

"Everyone leave him alone. I'll be back in one minute" I said and then I ran. I ran as fast as I could through the hallways, down the stairs and over to Josh and JJ's class.

When I got to the door I burst in without even knocking. Everyone's heads turned to stare at me and being a socially anxious person usually this would have made me panic but right now all I was focused on is Simon.

I stood at the front of the class quickly trying to catch my breath before I could speak.

"Vik what's wrong?" JJ asks from somewhere near the back. He gets up and walks over to me.

"Josh. Quick. Simon. Panic attack. English." Was all I could manage to say.

As soon as those words exited my mouth Josh was gone running down the halls probably faster than I ever could run.

My eyes began to water at the sight of Simon and how helpless he was. JJ saw this and pulled me into a tight hug.

"I've never seen him that bad Jide. I don't even know why it happened. One minute the teacher was talking and the next thing he was crying and hyperventilating. I went over to him but he looked so helpless." I said tears still rolling down my cheeks.

"It's ok Vik he's got Josh with him. He'll be fine". He said rubbing my back as he continued to hug me.

It was only now that my brain finally became fully focused on the room. The teacher questioning where Josh had gone. Questioning who I was. All the eyes of the people staring at me. I tensed and JJ felt it he tightened the grip he had on my waist.

"Miss I promise we'll make it up but please I kinda really need to go" JJ started

"You can go if you explain what is happening" the teacher replied

"Well Vik's best friend / Josh's boyfriend is currently having a panic attack so Vik came to get Josh to help" JJ explained

"And why do you need to go" She questioned

"Because Simon is also my friend as well as Josh and my boyfriend Vik here is clearly upset therefore I think it would be wise for me to go with him" he said in a sickly sweet voice when he said the words 'my boyfriend' everyone started whispering. I stood shocked for a minute. He really just said that. I was so proud of him and happy. I just looked at him and smiled.

"Fine off you go don't worry about making the time up"

"Thanks miss" he said and with that we both ran out of the classroom hand in hand and back to English.

*Meanwhile*

Josh's POV:

I sprint down the halls as fast as I can. I know where his English class is from the first day I met him.

I threw the door open with as much force as I could which caused all heads to turn round to me before they quickly went back to being crowded around Simon.

"Everyone move away from him. Get out of my way" People part for me presumably because I'm older.

"Simon, baby listen to me. It's Josh. I'm here you're not alone. You're okay nothing bad will happen. I'm here now. Shhh" I said as I sit next to Simon. At the sound of my name Simon throws himself at me and climbs into his lap facing me with his legs wrapped around my back like a koala. I just hug and comfort him. People are just staring but I ignore them and continue to try and comfort him. Soon Vik and JJ walk in.

"Okay everyone shows over clear off" JJ says loudly and people slowly start to walk away.

"I'm not going to be like him right?" I hear Simon whisper.

"Be like who sweetheart?" I questioned

"My dad" he answered

I had a feeling the answer he wanted was a no so that's what I told him.

"No of course not"

"How do you know?" He asked

"Because by the way you speak about him he isn't that much of a good person but you Simon you are the best person I know. There isn't a bad bone in your body."

"Thank you Josh" he said. He was now calm enough that only sniffles emitted from him. He pulled his head out from where it had been resting in the crook of my neck and I looked at his tear stained face.

He looked down and attempted to cover his face with the sleeves of his jumper.

"Why you doing that Si?"

"Because my face is all red and ugly" his reply came slightly muffled by his jumper sleeves.

I slowly pulled his hands away from his face and put my fingers under his chin to lift his face level with mine.

"Simon you're beautiful all the time. You could never be ugly. When I see you all I see is my beautiful boyfriend who deserves more than the world."

He just hugged me once again.