Chapter 9 - The party

Simon's POV:

The doorbell rang and I pretty much ran to the door. Josh had told be to wear something nice but not too nice so I wore a long sleeved white shirt with a burgundy skirt and burgundy Doc Martins. I looked pretty cute if I did say so myself.

"Hey Simon, you look really nice"
"Thanks you too" I said. He was wearing black jeans and a burgundy shirt. We matched and we didn't even plan it. I stepped out of my front door and made sure to lock it before we both walked down my path and to his car.

Whilst driving he still wouldn't tell me where we were going.
"Just one hint please"
"No I already told you it was a surprise" he said laughing slightly. Oh my god his laugh. I honestly almost just died of cuteness overload.
"You're not kidnapping me are you" I ask jokingly
"Maybe" he said back in the same tone. We laughed and he continued driving for another few minutes. It wasn't far away from my house at all like 10 minutes walking distance.

He pulled up outside a house that was bigger than mine but not too big. He got out and I followed him. He unlocked the door and went inside.

5 faces popped up behind various pieces of furniture. I immediately recognised them as my friends.

"Oh my god guys, what are you all doing"
"Well a little birdie told us it was your birthday today so we thought that we would surprise you." Josh said putting a hand on my shoulder. I smiled at them all.
"Guys that's so sweet. Thank you this is the best birthday ever." I said
They all ran over and engulfed me in a hug.
"Your welcome it was nothing really." Josh said.

There was music and food. The boys all got me presents except Josh which I expected considering he threw the party and presumably payed for everything. It was the best night I've had ever. I didn't think anything could top it.