Chapter 10 - Josh's present

Josh's POV:

I was so nervous but it's now or never I guess. Everyone else was talking so I walked over to Simon.

"Come with me a sec?" I asked
"Sure" He replied. I took his hand and lead him outside. I saw a light blush spread across his cheeks which he tried to conceal.

We stopped walking and were stood under the soft yellow light of the few garden lamps that illuminated my backyard.

"I got you a present" I said
"Really? I didn't expect you to. I didn't expect any of you to but you especially since you most likely payed for the party"
"It's just a small something to remember our friendship" I said pulling the present out from behind my back. I put his into his hand and he stared at it with shock on his face.

"Do you like it?" I questioned. He just hugged me.
"Like it, I love it thank you so much Josh"
"I got me a matching one as well. So I'll always remember"
I had gotten him a silver chain necklace with 'S&J' on it and mine was a matching bracelet.

Simon's POV:

They were beautiful. I loved it. It was so thoughtful. Josh always has been so thoughtful. My thoughts were interrupted by Josh.

"So now may not be the best time as what I'm about to say could ruin your birthday but I can't keep it a secret anymore" He started
"What, Josh?" I asked concerned
"I like you. Like really like you and I know you probably don't feel the same but I had to tell you because I couldn't keep it hidden anymore. I know I've only known you for under two weeks but they have been the best days of my life. I love your laugh and your smile. I love everything about you. I love you Simon. I'm sorry if I ruined your birthday I'll just go back inside" He blurted out and then turned around to walk away. I grabbed his wrist and pulled him back. I connected our lips before he could say anything else.

He was shocked at first but after a few seconds he kissed back. It wasn't rushed or rough. It was slow and passionate. Sparks flew and my body had a new found warmth. My arms were around his neck and his around my waist.

The sounds of cheers and wolf whistles caused us to break apart and look towards the house. They rest of the guys were stood in a big group smiling at us. I connected our foreheads and whispered "I love you too Josh" He smiled before kissing me again. I got the same feelings as before.  He made me feel so special.

"Will you be my boyfriend?" He asked pulling away from the kiss
"I would love to be" I responded.

He held my hand as we walked over towards the group. Tonight truly has been the best night of my life.