Chapter 16 - Simons dad

Josh's POV:

A knock on my door interrupted mine and Simon's conversation.

"Honey the police are here they want you to go and pick some stuff up and then go and answer some questions" She says to Simon
"Come with me?" He asks with a scared look in his eyes
"Of course" I said taking his hand in mine and walking over towards my door and down the stairs.

"Are you Simon?" A police officer said to Simon. He nodded his head
"And who is this?" He said gesturing at me
"Josh, my boyfriend" Simon said
"Okay. Well we just need you to go and pick up your stuff from the house and then come to the station to answer some questions"
"Okay" Simon replied

We followed them and got into the back of the police car. We pulled up outside the house and heard shouting coming from inside. We got out of the car and walked further towards the house.

Just then two police officers come out of the house holding Simon's dad. Simon tensed when he saw him. I just squeezed his hand.
"We're really sorry we were told he would be gone by the time we got here"
"It's fine" Simon said. He hung his head low as his dad walked past.
"This is all your fault you fucking waste of space" He spat at Simon
"Simon is a great person. He deserves the world and more. Don't speak to him like that especially after everything you've done." I said
He just glared at me and continued walking.

We went upstairs and he put some clothes into a backpack. He really didn't have a lot of stuff.

"Ready to go?" The police officer from before said as we walked down the stairs.
"Yeah" Simon replies

*Time skip*

We arrived at the police station and sat in the waiting area.

Another police officer came over to us.
"Are you ready to go in?" He asked Simon
"Can Josh come with me?" Simon asked. The officer looked down at our interlocked hands.
"Sure" he said

We were lead into another room and the officer began asking questions.

"What happened and when?"
"It was last night, I got home and my dad was already home from school. He was already home from work and I had forgot to take my necklace off" He started. I was confused.
"My dad's homophobic you see and he hates the fact that I wear 'feminine' clothes. He asked where I got it from and I told him Josh got it me for my birthday." He the started explaining something about me texting him and his dad hitting him 3 weeks ago. "He called me a lier when I said we were just friends - I did lie at that time but not before - he then pushed me to the floor and kicked my stomach until I couldn't move" It all fully registered in my head. It was my fault. It was all because of the necklace I got him.

At this time we were both crying.
"If this happened last night I presume you have marks" He said. Simon just nodded his head.

"I'll be back in a minute" he said before standing up
"Oh I almost forgot. Do you have a place to stay?" He asked. Simon looked up at me as if questioning if I was serious about him staying with me. I nodded at him.
"Yeah I'm going to be staying with Josh and his parents"
"Okay" He left.

"It's all my fault" I said through tears
"What no why would you think that?" He said
"Because I text you before and because I got you the necklace"
"It's not your fault, Josh. It's his. He did this not you. I love you"
"I love you too" I replied

Simon got taken to get picture of the bruises whilst I waited. We walked out of the police station holding hands.