Chapter 7 - The week

Josh's POV:

I was growing more and more excited as the week went on for Simon's party I'm pretty sure he doesn't even think I know it's his birthday. Me and Vik have been the main ones to arrange it. We talked last Friday when Simon was ill about it. We've all grown really close. It's nice really.

We're like a proper 7 now. Obviously some people give us weird looks maybe because they're a year younger or maybe because no one ever noticed them before - other than their bullies. Oh well they're our friends and thats all that matters.

I'm actually surprised the party is still a secret. Ethan and Harry can never keep secrets. At lunch yesterday Ethan almost spilled it Tobi had to shove him to make him shut up.

It's now Friday so only one more day to keep secret. I overheard some guys from my Simon and Vik's talking I recognised one of them as that guy that was beating Simon up the other day. I was going to go and confront him then I heard him talking

"Yeah so you know that little f*g boy that wears girl's clothes" My heart stopped for a second. The only boy the whole school who 'feminine' clothes was Simon. Why was he talking about Simon.
"Well I went up to him and he had a sketch pad in his hand so obviously I took it and looked through it" Anger flooded through my body. "Guess what the little f*g drew. It was a picture of what I presume was him cause it was a bit wearing a dress and another guy with dark hair holding hands." I was about to go up to him and confront him when I properly registered what he was saying. "And get this he had a text bubble above him with a green heart in it and the other guy had one but with a blue heart above him" I froze. Simon always sent me a green heart and I always sent him a blue heart. Was the other boy me? Did Simon like me?

I would never tell anyone this but I always send him blue hearts they remind me of his glowing blue eyes. His contact in my phone was 'Simon💙'. But Simon would never like me. Would he? I had to find out.

Vik's POV:

"So how are you and Josh" I ask Simon smirking at him
"What do you mean Vik?" He asked smiling back at me
"You know what I mean. Have you told him you like him" I questioned
"What no why would I he would never like me"
"Yes he would Simon, he's bi you know"
"What how did I not know this?" He asked
"Oh, we discussed it last Friday when you were away" I said
"Still of all people he would never ever like me"
"And why ever not"
"Because have you seen me, I'm pathetic, I'm unfunny and every other person in the world is better than me"he said tears coming to his eyes
"No you're not why would you think that" I said slipping my arms around him and pulling him into a hug. I saw Josh walking towards us. I waved him over and Simon noticed.
"Why did you call him over I don't want him to see my crying"
"Well tough" I replied

"Hey guys. Oh my god Simon why are you crying" Before Simon could say say he's fine it interrupted
"Because he doesn't believe me" I said
"About?" Josh questioned looking worriedly at Simon
"He said that he was pathetic, unfunny and everyone was better than him and I said he was wrong"
"Simon" He said his voice soft and sympathetic "Why would you ever think those things about yourself. You're one of the funniest people I know, far from pathetic and no offence Vik but the best person I've ever met"
"Non taken" I replied smiling at him
"Come here" he said pulling Simon into his side and putting an arm around him comfortingly. Simon smiled and tried to hide his blush but I saw it.

"Thanks Josh it really means a lot" He said
"No problem, it's the truth" Josh said making Simon blush lightly again
"Anyway, I've got to get going bye guys" Simon said
"Bye" We said in unison and he walked off.

"Vik I have a question"Josh said his voice now serious
"What?" I asked
"Do you know if Simon likes me?" He said and then starts rambling about some guy and a drawing and hearts
"Josh, why do you want to know?" I asked cutting off his rant
"Because I really fucking like him, but you can't tell him and if I knew he did like me I was going to ask him out at his party tomorrow" He said. I pretty much squealed.
"Oh my god thats going to be so cute"
"So does he like me?"
"You didn't hear it from me but I think so yes" I said excitedly. His face lit up.
"Thanks Vik" He said and turned to go.

"Wait Josh" I said making him turn around.
"Yeah?" He asked
"Break his heart and I'll break your face" I said jokingly at him
"I wouldn't dream of it' He said continuing to walk away