Chapter 1: The Sophomore

C A M I L A

I woke to the banging on my door and the familiar shouts outside my room. I ignored the banging and pulled my white duvet over my face. The banging finally stopped when I heard the door squeak open.

"Mila it's your first day back and you're already late," my big brother Connor lectured me

I pulled the duvet down to my chest and saw Connor on one side of my bed. "Con, will you stop? I know it's my first day of sophomore year but it's really not a big deal."

Connor sighed before my other brother Miles passed by my room. "Mila! Dad wants you down!" he shouted

"Coming!" I shouted back. "Why are you still here anyway? Don't tell me seniors get a day off."

"We don't. I stayed coz you and Xian probably need to hitch a ride," Connor explained. "Now get up and get ready."

"Yeah dad," I teased and he rolled his eyes

Connor and Miles are my two over protective big brothers. I'm from a family with three boys aka Miles, Connor and Dad. My mom left us when I was seven which was eight years ago.

Since I'm in a family with boys, I have a LOT of rules to follow. Like rule number one, I can't have a boyfriend until I'm 18. That's probably the easiest rule because I've got no plans to have one anytime soon.

I made my bed before I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen where my dad and Miles sat talking. I took the seat between my two brothers and dived in on the beacon and eggs in front of me.

"Camila, glad you finally decided to get up," Dad said in a serious tone he rarely used

"Morning to you too Dad," I replied after I finished my breakfast

"Geez, eat like a person will you Mila," Miles teased

"Act like a person will you Miles," I retured his tone and he rolled his eyes

"Hey, enough you two. Mila you have to make it to second period at least and Miles, get your ass to school," Connor said just as Miles got up and picked his bag up from the couch before he left

I put my plate in the sink before I went back in my room to get some clothes before I hit the shower.

I picked out a plain yellow cropped top with washed out blue high waisted ripped jeans- that covered my stomach -and white Vans. After I got dressed, I quickly brushed my long wavy dark brown hair before I picked up my red JanSport on my bed and exited the room.

-

I sat on one of the three back seats of Connor's red five seater car while watching my brother on the driver's seat and my best friend Xian on shotgun rapping to Lil Pump. I coudn't take their terrible rapping anymore so I pulled out my phone and headphones from my bag to listen to my Spotify playlist filled with rap songs.

A few songs later, Connor pulled up just in front of the curb that seperated main road and West Side High.

Connor turned to face me. "Remember, No-"

"Flirting, I know Con. See you later," I replied and he messed up the top of my head

I messed up his medium brown hair in return. "Alright. Go get 'em Mila."