New Kid (Shawn Mendes)

Sara's POV

I stumbled into the cramped room and took seat in the back, closest to the window. The thing I hated most about school was the people oh god the people. they are so judgemental, it sickens me; that's the reason why I have no friends. I watched everyone walk in, talking laughing with their friend as I slightly frowned, looking away from the students.

"Hello class, welcome back to school" Mrs. Glen spoke as everyone started to quiet down and smiled at all of us. "Now I know it's the first day day of school, so I'm going to give you a simple essay" she continued as everyone, including me, groaned. "A thousand essay explaining your summer and what you did" she finished as I frowned.

All I did over the summer was sleep and watch netflix.

Great.

-

I was really into my essay, about 20 words away and somehow, I was stuck trying to find another word then tired. I quickly raised my hand and Mrs. Glen nodded, making her way over towards me.

"What's another word for tired?" I asked her as soon as she entered my desk. She sent me a toothless smile and sighed.

"Go to a library and get a thesaurus" she answered as I huffed and stood up, stomping my way towards the library. I've always hated when the teachers send you to the library when they can simply just answer the question themselves.

I opened the stiff door to the library that was bigger than our gym. I quickly made my way towards the fiction side but then realized that fiction was mythical. I turned my heel, slamming into a body that had me knocked down to my feet. I quickly looked up and met a pair of the prettiest brown eyes I've ever seen. I swallowed hard as I reached my hand out for this mysterious boy to grab it and help me up.

"You can get up yourself" he harshly spoke, as I slightly sucked in my breathe and slowly got up by myself and just starred at him, checking him out. He had brown hair, exactly like mine with a few freckles covering his cheeks. He was wearing a black sweater and was paired with a pair of washed out jeans.

"Who are you?" I said out loud as my eyes widened and he gave me a strange look as my cheeks turned crimson.

"I'm Shawn" he replied, as I actually quite surprised. I thought he was just going to call me crazy and walk off, but he didn't. Why? I cleared my throat and straightened my back a bit, making myself look more presentable.

"I'm Sara" I confidently spoke.

"Nice name" he complimented, as I nodded, not entirely sure that I was able to speak. He chuckled, as if he could read my mind. "So why are you here? are you also new here?" he asked, as I slowly started regaining confidence back, as I raised an eyebrow.

"Is this twenty questions or something?" I smirked as he laughed, developing small dimples which I found cute on boys.

"You're funny, I like it" he commented, as I smiled and looked towards the horrid carpet and mumbled a quiet 'thanks' and scratched the back of my head. I felt his hand go around my waist as I snapped my head up and backed away.

"Uh, no thanks" I croaked out, feeling my cheeks burn. He took a step towards me, as I took a step away from him. I felt my body crash against the wall, as I could feel my spine crack. His face was inches away from me.

"Aww don't be so scared Sara" he breathed, his voice sending shivers down my spine and goosebumps appeared all over my arms. The way he said my name made my legs go weak as if I just got paralyzed from the thighs down. It was a painful yet beautiful feeling.

I felt soft lips hover my lips and my hormones got the best of me and I connected our lips. It was a shocking feeling, literally, it felt like I was being shocked. He grabbed my waist, pulling me closer to him which deepened the kiss, as I wrapped my arms around his neck. The kiss lasted longer then expected as he pulled back, as we were both breathing heavily.

"That was exhausting" he complained, as I agreed. My eyes widened as I hugged him the kissed his cheek.

"That's the word!" I cheered, as I ran off, quickly entering Mrs. Glen's classroom and sat back down in my seat and scribbled the word down, slightly smirking.

I'll need to ask the teacher more questions.

-

I hope you liked it @ _MagCon_Wow btw, love your username ! (:

-Bre❤️