Engaged (Hayes Grier)

Stephanie's POV

"Good morning baby" Hayes quickly got out of his seat and walked towards me, placing his lips on mine.

"Good morning" I smiled as I looked at my ring and then back to Hayes. "I still can't believe we're engaged" I gasped as Hayes held both my hands and kissed me again.

"I love you so much, Stephanie" he gushed as I deeply blushed. "Oh and don't forget we have to actually cook something today instead of ordering out because my parents are coming over" he quickly mumbled as I frowned.

"Why am I the one who has to tell them?" I complained. "You know that your parents hate me, right?" I argued as he laughed and cupped my cheeks.

"Oh suck it up" he smiled as I playfully rolled my eyes. "It's going to be fine" he held my hand, "we're going to be fine" he finished as I breathed in and nodded.

"Yeah, we'll be fine".

-

"Where the hell is my other earring!" I screamed rushing around our house looking for the lost earring that Hayes' mom gave to me.

"Stephanie, you need to relax" Hayes tried to calm me down.

"I can't relax, Hayes!" I screamed as I closed my eyes and ran my hand through my hand. "I can't do this" I shook my head as I opened my eyes. "What if they don't consent it?" I felt Hayes grabbed my arms and pulled me into a hug. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Hayes" I felt his hand rub up and down on my back strangely calming me down. "But I'm afraid I won't be able too" I breathed as Hayes starting swaying, almost as if we were dancing.

"Close your eyes, Stephanie" he demanded as I closed my eyes. "Now, imagine us at our wedding" he spoke as I pictured me in my beautiful white wedding dress and Hayes in a suit while everyone else around us wears blue or dark beige dresses. "Now imagine us standing in front of the dance floor. We just got married and now we're dancing" he whispered as Hayes' arms wrapped around my body and we started swaying to the music as I starred deeply in Hayes' eyes and knew he was the one.

"Hayes" I opened my eyes and backed away.

"Are you willing up to give that insane feeling because my parents may not want this?" he asked as I sniffled and shook my head.

"No" I answered.

"Good" he flashed me a small smile. "I love you" he quickly pecked my cheek.

"I love you too" I smiled. "Now, help me find that damn earring".

-

As the dor bell rang, my stomach dropped as I quickly looked over at Hayes with worried eyes as he quickly held my hand as I sighed and opened the door to reveal his parents.

"Hello Chad, Elizabeth" I forced myself to smile as they both awkwardly gave me a hug.

"Hi Hayes" Elizabeth cooed as she ran towards Hayes and gave him a proper hug. "How's my baby boy?" she joked as Hayes looked over at me and I nodded.

"Can you sit down, Mrs. and Mr. Grier" I said lowly as they both looked at me like I was a murderer. "We have something important to tell you" I coughed.

"Can we at least eat supper first? I'm absolutely famished!" Elizabeth laughed as I smiled and nodded, looking towards Hayes. "So Stephanie, what's for supper?" Elizabeth asked.

"Just some chicken parmesan with roasted baby potatoes" I answered, knowing it was one of Hayes' favourite meal that I cooked for him (and he requested for me to make it).

"Don't you think that's a little too simple?" Elizabeth snorted as I kept my posture and nodded, not really knowing how to react.

"Well I love it, mom" Hayes tried to stand up for me as I looked over at him and flashed him a small smile as he grabbed my hand and squeezed it then turned around and started engaging in a conversation with Chad.