Elevator Madness (Matthew Espinosa)

Olivia's POV

"Hey" I called out to Matthew, picking up my pace and rushing towards him. I wrapped my arms around his muscular shoulders and felt his hands snake around my waist.

"Hey Olivia" He smiled.

"Ready to watch the most scariest movie?" I teased him, knowing he hated horror films. I backed away and grabbed the keys to my family's apartment. He rolled his eyes and slightly nudged me.

"Lets race up the stairs" He suggested, his eyes brightening.

"No Matthew, I'm not running" I stated as he frowned but nodded, following me to the elevator. "C'mon" I shouted to Matthew as the elevator was closing. He rushed in and I pressed the 8th floor.

"So" he awkwardly started as we looked at each other. "How do you think the math test went yesterday?" He asked as I laughed as his awkwardness and weirdness.

"I can honestly say I think I passed" I joked. All of a sudden, the lights started to flicker and the elevator completely stopped. "No, no no no" I spoke as I quickly pressed the emergency button.

"Sorry m'am, it's going to be at least an hour wait" they replied.

"We're stuck?" He asked as I flashed him a look as if were dumb.

"Thanks for pointing that out captain obvious" I spat. I noticed my harshness as I sighed and looked over at Matthew. "Sorry Matthew, you know how I get when I'm in closed spaces" I shuddered.

"So, what are we going to talk about now?" He started laughing as I flashed him an unamused and unimpressed look as he coughed and looked away.

"How was your day?" I asked as a small smile appeared on his face.

"Great, I got stuck in an elevator with my best friend" He laughed as I playfully rolled my eyes. "How bout you?" he asked as I laughed and slightly shook my head.

"Awful, I got stuck in an elevator with my best friend" I teased as I laughed but Matthew didn't seem to see the joke/sarcasm in my answer. "Matt, it's a joke" I coughed.

"Yeah I know, Olivia" he snapped as my eyebrows raised.

"Matt-"

"Olivia" he sighed, cutting me off.

"Yes?" I breathed.

"I need to tell you something" He licked his lips. "I should've told you a long time ago" he continued as I crossed my hands over my chest and looked at Matthew confused.

"Continue" I slowly responded as Matthew looked straight into my eyes.

"I uh I-" he paused as my stomach started doing flips. "Uh you have something in your hair" he quickly spoke and grabbed a strand of my hair and pulled out a piece of fuzz from my sweatshirt.

"Matthew-"

"Lets sit, my feet are starting to hurt" he quickly cut me off as I sighed and slowly began to sit down on the cold hard floor. I know Matthew wasn't confessing that I had something in my hair, but what could it be? I also know he doesn't like me because I confessed my love for Matthew and he didn't say it back.

"Matthew, please tell me what you were going to say" I pleaded as he blinked fast and looked away.

"What are you talking about Olivia? I told you what I was going to say" he argued as I rolled my eyes.

"Don't lie to me, Matthew Espinosa" I snapped as he sighed and looked in my eyes.

"Fine, fine" he started as he quickly looked back down at the floor. "Before I say what I'm about to say, I just want you to know I didn't mean to hurt you" he breathed as I grew very concerned. "When you confessed your love to me, I was honestly to speechless to reply back and I guess you took that as I don't love you" he brought his face back up as I felt my heart beating faster.

"Mat-"

"I love you, Olivia. I love you so much and I'm sorry I didn't say it back. I know I put you through a lot of pain but I do love you" he breathed out as I felt all emotional and generous to have such an amazing guy pop into my life.

"Really?" I breathed as my cheeks turned red and my butterflies formed in my stomach.

"Yes, Olivia. I've always been in love with you, ever since we were juniors in high school" he smiled as I crawled over to him and was inches away from him. "Can I kiss you?" He asked as my heart melted; he asked for permission which proves that he's a gentlemen and I've always had a soft spot for gentlemen.

"Yes" I whispered as I leaned and right when our lips touched, the lights went back on and the elevator started to go up. The kiss was like static, it hurt me but in a good way if that makes sense.

"Well one things for sure, I am thankful we didn't take the stairs".

-

I hope you liked this @Anchors_Away22 (-:

also, updated all my books so if you guys could go check those out - thought of you, 13 reasons why, and try hard. thank you ilysm!!💖💕

-Bre❤️