Jacob: Hello?

Y/N: Wow, I'm so hurt you don't know my own number.

I joked.

Jacob: Dang it, I'm sorry! Please don't get mad! I didn't have time to name the number and I have so many nameless numbers and...sorry.

I suddenly felt sorry. I guess Jacob is the type of person to make a sweet joke turn sour in a matter of seconds.

Y/N: ...Jacob, please. It was only a joke.

Jacob: Oh...sorry...

And that he apologises a lot.

Y/N: it's fine don't worry about it. So...are you busy today?

Jacob: No, why?

Y/N: Well, I want us to hang out today.

Jacob: R-Really?!

I moved the phone away from my ear, and after a couple of seconds, I placed it back.

Y/N: Actually clothing shopping. I need a good set of clothes for the concert that's happening in two days.

Jacob: oh

He sounds pretty... disappointed? Was he expecting us to do something more fun? Probably so. I wouldn't go if someone offered the same thing to me-

Jacob: Sure! I'll go with you. Where do you want to meet up?

Huh. Guess it was all in my head then.

Y/N: I'll send you the address. Wait by your phone and meet me there at....

I looked at the time on my phone as it read 10 am.

Y/N: 11 am

Jacob: Alright. I'll meet you there, Y/N

I hung up the phone, sent him the address, and decided to go take a quick shower. As I was taking my shower, I started to feel nervous about going out in public. Not because I am afraid of interaction, but because the fear people might have for seeing me.

I shouldn't be, since monsters freely roam on the surface, but I'm half human, or 1/3 human. I know I was a big thing when I was born as I was on national T.V. and my "parents" were relatively famous. So having a horrific thing as a daughter/son, was very difficult.

I always thought that either of my "parents" had been with a monster in the past but because they had to go underground and keep me on the surface, since I looked human, that was enough to hate me, but it makes no sense now. Because why hate their own daughter/son if they really loved their significant other? Plus, they both seem to really hate monsters in general for as long as I could remember. So I guess I was just a 1 in a trillion chance.

To get out of that negative train of thought, I began thinking about that blue skeleton of mine. How he is the most wonderful, amazing...er, skeleton, I have ever laid my eyes on. I remember how I even fell for him. It's actually a short and simple answer, I said to myself with a chuckle. Though my first time listening to him was when my old friend of mine introduced me to his songs, that was the first time I fell for him. It was actually after I broke up with Daniel. I was so heartbroken, I was just ready to break everything I saw. But then one of his tester songs, which never fully developed into a full song, started to play everywhere. His deep yet calming voice rang in every direction but I insisted that I stay sad and angry. And of course it didn't work, as his song became louder and louder, I broke free from my sadness and anger and felt at peace. At that point I realized that it has to be him, no. It had to be. The man for me, as no one could make me change emotion so fast. The only man that can change me with a snap of his fingers.

My one and only.

I shyly smiled at myself as I got out of the shower. I looked at my phone to see the time and saw that it was 10:45.

And it takes me 30 minutes to get there....

Shit.

- time skip-

I finally made it in front of the building. You could say I was at a point of running out of breath because of my heart pounding at the thought of being late at the time I had set.

I texted him if he was here. He said yes and I responded by telling him I was at the front then placed my phone back in my pocket. My phone buzzed, indicating that he got the message, and I continued to calm my nerves.

I didn't have time to actually nice, so I just got a black long sleeved shirt with basketball shorts and flip-flops. Of course it's not my preferred look but I literally got out of the shower. Plus, my hair was still a little wet, so honestly, I just have to suck it up.

I then saw Jacob running towards me, waving his hand, and I waved back. "Hey, Jacob. Thanks for hanging out with me." "No worries. I'm always down to hang out with you." He blushed at the realization of what he just said. "Y-You know! Because we're friends!" He finger gunned me. I chuckled. "Well, I just hope you have your wallet, because I'm not buying anything for you." I said with a smile, walking inside. "Hahaha...that is a joke, right?" He asked, walking beside me. " Half joking. This place is expensive and I'm just here to buy a shirt and pants. If you want something, I'll get it, but if you want shoes or anything, that's on you. Ya'know?" I explained to him while looking through the shirts. "Y-Yeah, I get it...and I do have my wallet so don't worry about me!" He said, looking through the same rack I am. "Alright. And Jacob?" "Yeah?" He asked, looking at me. "You may want to look somewhere else. This area isn't for you, ya know?" He realized what he was doing and stopped, shyly looking at me. "Yeah y-youre right. I'll uh...meet you at the front." "Cool, let's meet in 5 minutes." "He nods and goes somewhere else.

That may seem rude, but it was true. Both of our styles are different. I'm laied back while he is into cute things. Anyway, I was able to find what I want to wear and walked to the front, where I meet Jacob who has nothing in his hands. "You didn't get anything?" "No, and you were right. This place is expensive! How are you comfortable with these prices?" I shrug. "I do agree, these prices are too much, but I do save my job money so I can buy expensive things like this." I explained, walking to the cashier. That's when a pair of sunglasses and friendship bracelet with necklace shows up in my line of vision. I picked both of them up and showed cased them to Jacob. "How about these? You keep the sunglasses and necklace and I'll get the bracelet. Deal?" I have them to him and he eyed it a little. "Plus, they are a reasonable price." He looks ate with a small blush and nodded.

After we paid, we went to go eat at a nearby burger joint. He got a meal but I just got their fries. It's honestly my favorite thing on their entire menu. I don't know how Jacob can eat that.

"So why did you want to hang out today?" He asked, eating his burger. "I called earlier if they could deliver but all the truck drivers are busy, so because I didn't want to be by myself, I asked you." "Oh." "Plus, I get kinda shy in crowds, so talking to you helped me ease into the store, so thank you, Jacob." I said, smiling at him. He blushed and looked away then back at me with a smile. "You're welcome, Y/N."

We spent almost an hour there, just eating, talking and laughing at whatever came to mind. I'm so glad to have him as a friend.

After that, we walked out and I took him to his car, and it took a lot of convincing to do so. Before getting in his car, he turned to me. "How about I take you and your sibling to the concert?" "You don't have to do that." He then showcased his necklace. "It's what friends are for." I smiled and showed my bracelet with a nod. I walked back to my car. When I got back in my car, I saw his drive off and onto the highway.

Knowing that I have a great friend and having something to remember that, I developed more determination for the future of our unbroken relationship.

And that chapter is done!

Sorry it took so long, but I'm glad I actually finished it.

I have to wake up early in the morning, so I'mma leave with a little note:

I love you guys!

And have a great day/night!
-Aliciaisawesome12