The Contest

There is going to be a girl song and a boy song for this chapter. The song on top is the girl one, later on will be the boy one. So don't play this song until I tell you. Thanks!(long chapter)

As the bell rang to tell us to go home, I left my 7th period and very excitedly walked to my car. I was about to open it, thinking about watching a movie and eating (Favorite dessert), but then Jacob came running towards me. "Hey, (Y/N)!"

 I groaned a little inside then turned around with a smile on my face. Not that I'm not happy to see him and I'm being fake, but I was really wanting to go home, and being stopped in the middle of the parking lot, now being stopped by traffic with all the other kids leaving in their cars, it sucks.

"Hey, to you as well. What's up?" I saw a small blush on Jacob's face as he looked away, hands behind his back, then shyly looking at me. "I-I was wondering if you would like to go grab something to eat...? Haha..." I thought it over, and I would've said yes, but then I remembered work, so I groaned and shook my head. "Sorry, I have work. Plus, I need to figure out what song to sing tomorrow and practice." I listed and it wasn't a lie. Looks like my well deserved relaxation time is pushed back.

"Oh." Was all he said, sounding disappointed. I...kind of feel bad. But I can't really suddenly tell boss that I can't come in, plus it's one of the busiest work day as well.

Plus, I mean, we did JUST met for crying out loud, but I already feel connected to him in a way. It's really weird, I know, but....I don't know. I looked over to a group of girls and guys alike wearing a roller derby shirts and jackets. It looks like they're going to do a group activity... I thought. Then, it gave me an idea.

"How about this weekend? I don't have anything planned, and I was going to let my sibling have a sleepover with their friends." I shrugged. Jacob's face lit up. "Really?!" I nodded. They then took my hands and shook it. "Thank you!!"

"Y-Youre w-welc-come." I laughed as he kept shaking my hand. He realized how long he did this, then stopped and released my hands, blushing. "Um...I'll j-just go. Bye, (Y/N)!" And with that, Jacob ran off, waving bye, and I did the same.

I took in a satisfied sigh and smiled at this. He was...kind of cute..

I immediately shook away the thought and got in the car, driving to my job.

Through the kind of long drive, I thought about today. How I awoke my regretful side, how I met Jacob, delivered a note to Alphys from Undyne, and how me and Jacob...

How we got along so well, it's weird. I haven't had a friend in a long time so I don't remember how, or what, people do for fun.

But with these feelings I have....how can I love Sans?

Every time I'm with Jacob, only in that moment.....I completely forget about the guy I fell for the first time I heard his voice.

I sighed as I rolled down my window to feel a cool breeze in my face.

Is...it fate that I met Jacob? Or is it all just a bad dream?

No wait, that's too dramatic. My life is almost sounding like those cliche romantic films...

I turned on the radio and I immediately hear Tokyovania. I smiled and hummed along to the lyrics. Maybe...all of this is just a bad dream.

Er, a very bad coincidence, I mean.

I turned off my radio when I saw the orange-red lit bar in my sight. I parked the car, doing the same old routine, and got out. When I opened the single door, I was greeted with the 'not-so-different' monsters. I waved to them and G, then went to the back to put on my apron. I took orders and they keep smiling. But the one thing I hate is clean tables. The reason? Because every time I do, every time I wipe down a table, I space out.