Chapter 16

Michaela

My phone rings, waking me up. I check the time.

7 am?

"Hello?" I croak. It's Phil!

"Hi, Michaela. Can you come over, I need to talk to you?" He says. I hesitate.

"Of course I can, unless it's anything to do with Dan... We're not on the best terms at the moment" I sigh.

"No... Abbie wants you to help her with the wedding!" He says. "Okay, is Dan over there?" I ask, making sure he isn't.

"No, he's away at the moment, anyway I'll see you soon!" Phil says happily before hanging up.

Pity... A part of me wants Dan to explain everything and another part of me wants to strangle him.

I throw on a pair of FatMans and a hoodie over my pyjamas, so I can get over there quickly.

On the way over I imagine if Dan's over there, if he'll tell me he's sorry and hold me like he used to. But do I really want that?

I knock at the door and Phil answers quickly, still in his pyjamas too.

"Hi, come in" he smiles, walking backwards so I can get inside.

I walk in and Phil closes the door behind me. It feels weird to be here with someone other than Dan.

"It's about Dan..." He says after we get into the kitchen. I roll my eyes, but I'm somewhat relieved as I want to talk to someone about all this crap.

"Well, seeing as I'm already over here, you might as well continue..." I sigh, taking a seat at the table. Phil sits opposite to me.

"That girl, Vicky... She was Dan's ex girlfriend. They were dating for ages, but she cheated on him and left him about a month ago. I think she just wanted to make Dan miserable, because he was in a serious trance after she left... But when he met you he- he changed I guess!" He says, biting his bottom lip and looking at me.

"How do I know he didn't tell you to say this?" I say, looking back it him.

"Because, Dan's like my brother, and is only do what's best for him. And lying isn't something I'd let him do," he says, fidgeting with his fingers.

I know this may sound crazy, but I trust Phil! Usually guy's friends would lie about something like this just to get the girl back on the scene, but Phil isn't like that. I believe every word he said. And Dan sounded broken in the voice messages. I know a smile can hide a lot, but Dan's smile is genuine when he's around me.

"Dan loves you, Michaela. He really does. And I'm not expecting you to take him back, I'd just thought you'd like to know," he smiles.

"I... I'll see what I can do-" the hallway door opens and a half-naked man walks in.

"Phil why are you up so ear- Michaela?" Says Dan, rubbing his eyes in disbelief.

"Hi, Dan. I want to talk to you so.. Out some clothes on." I say, sucking my bottom lip and walking past Dan, letting him know that I'm pissed as FUCK at him.

"How did you get her in here?" Dan whispers. Phil just winks, and sips his coffee, rocking back and forth on his chair.

Dan

I tread up the stairs, waiting for my vicious death in my bedroom.

I walk into my room, and don't even dare to look at Michaela, who's sitting at the end of my bed with her arms folded.

I open my drawer and take the t-shirt from the top of the pile, and throw it on over me. I slip some shorts on and sit beside Michaela. I look into her eyes for a few seconds, when finally she says

"Dan, I want an explanation" which is perfectly fine.

I hesitate. I hold both of her hands and stare into her pale blue eyes.

"To me, the past doesn't matter, and I'd do anything to change it. And I wish I'd met you sooner..." I whisper. She gains Internet and looks into my eyes too.

"But I dated her a while back. She left me for a rich guy, who then dumped her and that's why she was here yesterday. She wanted me back... Don't worry, I sent her home and told her never to come back, and those messages were from ages ago," I babble.

"But... I want to be with you, Cala." Did I just call her Cala?...

She bites her bottom lip, and that turns me on so much! I lean in to kiss her. My lips are stopped by her index finger, and I feel like a complete idiot for pouting like a duck right beside her face.

"I'll see you at the wedding." She says, before storming out of my room. Does that mean I'm still her boyfriend?.... Ugh fuck this, girls confuse me!

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Hello! Sorry it's a short chapter! It'll get way better towards the end, I promise! Because a lot will happen, and I don't want you to miss out!!!:O okay I have to go now bye lovelies!!! Xxx