Hagrids and Flying Lessons

Hagrid had invited me to his hut along with Ron and Harry. I was smiling to myself as I walked along the path to meet up with the two boys, earbuds in my ears. The (f/c) streaks in my hair bounced as I softly bobbed my head up and down to the beat. Harry and Ron stopped talking when they heard my footsteps approaching.

"Do you like them?" I asked, tilting my head, referring to the new (f/c) streaks in my hair. "I did them myself this morning!" Stuttering the two boys blurted out their responses.

They wouldn't stop staring at me. Little did I know, it was because they thought I was as cute as a kitten. I smiled back at them and they smiled back with a small blush. We continued on our way, together now, walking to Hagrid's hut. I softly knocked on the door and not a second later Hagrid answered it with a smile and let us in.

Inside the hut Hagrid's dog immediately took a liking to me, rubbing against my legs. I greeted him with a few pets and rubs, Hagrid looked pleased that his dog had warmed up to someone besides him. I sat down between Ron and Harry and took a look at my surroundings. There was only one room in the hut, a few types of meat hung from the ceiling. A copper kettle was boiling on the open fire, and in the corner, a giant bed stood with a patchwork type quilt rested on it.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard Harry starting to introduce us to Hagrid.

"This is Ron." He told Hagrid.

"Ah. Another Weasley. I've spent a good portion of my life keeping your two twin brothers out of the Forbidden Forest." He said in a stern but joking voice. He put a few rock cakes on a plate and started pouring water into cups.

The rock cakes were a bit hard, so I smiled and pretended to eat them. I hid the 'eaten' ones under the table, where I waved my wand making them disappear. The boys pretended to enjoy them as well but weren't able to find a way to get rid of them as well as I did. After the fun time with the rock cakes, we proceeded to tell him of our lesson with Professor Snape. He told us he hardly liked any of his students, and that I was lucky that I was one of the ones he liked.

We were now having our flying lesson with Slytherin. Even though I did prefer dragons over brooms, flying on both came naturally to me.

"Now I want you all to say up." Instructed our professor.

"Up." We all chorused. Harry's, Draco's, and my broom immediately flew up into our hands. I smiled. Looking over at Ron I saw that this had hit him in the nose. I start giggling and Harry starts laughing.

"Shut up you two." He grumbled, a faint blush on his cheeks. Little did I know, my laughter sounded like bells to them.

Hermoine's broom twitched on the ground and Neville's became a repeat of Ron's, hitting him in the face as well. As the Professor continued explaining what to do, Neville lost control of his broom. Flying up he smashed into the castle walls and fell to the ground. The professor ran over to him cheeking the boy over for injuries. She winced looking over the boy's wrist.

"It's broken."

She took him inside to the infirmary threatening all of us not to move. When they were gone, Malfoy and the rest of the Slytherins burst into laughter.

"Did you see his face? The great lump." Draco laughed. One girl named Parvati Patil stepped up and told the blond boy to shut up.

"Oooh. Sticking up for Longbottom, Patil?" Said Pansy Parkinson, a Slytherin girl. "Never thought you'd like big fat crybabies!"

"Shut up Parkinson. I know you're just trying to impress your little boyfriend, but that went too far." I snapped at her. She looked at me surprised. You see, I guess Americans are more expressive when it comes to rage.

"You know what, I know you're shitty, but I'm great and my boyfriend Dracy will be on my-."

"Pansy I AM NOT YOUR BOYFRIEND!" Draco interrupted embarrassed. Pansy smiled,

"But Dracy, Tracy told me that you liked a girl. And it's me of course!" She said. Draco rolled his eyes ignoring her.

"Look." Draco darted forward and snatched something out of the grass. "It's the stupid thing Longbottom's gran sent him." The remembrall glittered in the sun as he held it.

"Give it here Malfoy," Harry said quietly. Everyone went quiet and looked at him. Malfoy gave a nasty smile.

"I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find - how about - up in a tree?" He grinned.

"Give it here!" Harry demanded. I lunged at Malfoy's broom but I was too late. He had already taken off.

"Come get it, Potter." He taunted.

I glared. Getting up off the ground I dusted myself off and leaped onto my broom as well.

While Harry was confronting Malfoy, I went around the back, snatching the object out of Malfoy's hand.

"Mind if I borrow this?" I grinned in a teasing manner.

"My father will hear about this." He threatened.

"Does this look like the face of a person who cares?" I asked sarcastically. Before I could hand it to Harry, Draco threw something at me to make me drop it.

Harry dove down and caught it just before it hit the ground. I landed my broom and hugged him tightly. It took him a moment to recover and hug me back. He was smirking over my shoulder at Malfoy. The blond boy glared along with the others, feeling intense jealousy.

"HARRY POTTER! (Y/N) DUMBLEDORE!" Harry and I both visibly paled at the sight of my godmother, but reluctantly followed the professor.

"So you and Harry will be the youngest Seeker and Substitute in-"

"A century."

"Yep," I responded, laughing.

"So which house are you a Substitute player for?" Hermione asked.

"All of them," I told them, a grin on my face.