24: its nothing like that

Start from the beginning

We had been sitting in this uncomfortable silence for about 5 minutes now, I had finished telling her everything with only a few interruptions from Veda giving her two sense. I waited desperately for her to stop laughing and thankfully her giggles had quieted down.

"So you're telling me nothing happened between you and Elias? You weren't giving each other the sex eyes?" Veda asked, rolling her eyes and I gasped, my cheeks on fire.

"S-Sex eyes? What? No!" I said, appalled by her chosen words. She shook her head at me, letting out a chuckle under her breath and I stared at her confused as she said, "oh Aurelia you poor oblivious child."

"What do y-" I started but Veda interrupted me.

"Nope, don't say anything. There's sexual tension between you two, I can feel it." Veda said dramatically, and I looked at her raising a corner of my lip in distaste at her oddness.

"What? Don't tell me you...Aurelia, have you ever had?-" she pauses, her eyes widening in realization. I looked at her puzzled, oblivious to what she was saying. What did she mean sexual tension?

"You know what," she smiles, "you will figure it out on your own and it's going to be beautiful when you do." I blink at her, not aware of what she meant. She wiggled her eyebrows at me and I blushed again, glaring at her.

"There you two are," Corbyn's deep voice called. I turned to see him standing in front of us with Johnathon by his side. His expression colder than usual as he looked at me.

"Well, should we get going then?" Corbyn grins ear to ear, his eyes traveling from Johnathon to me. His cold gaze making me pathetically look away.

"Y-yeah," I smile, ignoring the concerned expression on Veda's face. I didn't want to cause a scene even if Johnathon's threat still burned in the back of my mind. It was hard to ignore his burning stare on me from head to toe most of the time he was around.

"You okay?" Veda whispers to me but I smile meekly, nodding. "Yeah."

~•~•~•~•~•~

"How about this?" Veda holds up a dress, it's long material flowing to the floor. It was sparkly along the bodice with fuchsia pink. I frowned.

"Yeah, I didn't think so either," Veda smiles, putting it back on the hanger. My cheeks burned when I caught people's stares on me in the store. It must have seemed strange to see a human wandering around the mall with werewolves. In reality, I'd be caught and killed on sight as the law stated. The unsettling thought upset my stomach as I began to feel nauseas.

"What's wrong?" Veda sighs, noticing my queazy expression.

"It's just, are you sure it's a good idea for a human to be here? To be in your wedding?" I say, hanging my head low. I felt ashamed from where I stood, afraid because all I've known all my life was to know my place. I am just a human girl, running from werewolves that were bound to hunt me down and kill me or enslave me.

I survive because I run and hide. Don't get caught or I will be executed.

There was no answer to the question why, that was the just the world today. Werewolves are the superior race, taking and killing as they please. I didn't have anyone to depend on but myself as I grew up to be the girl I am today. Parentless and lonely. Deprived of love and Deprived of worth.