76. Defeated Victory

May the blessings of MataRani always stay with you, bring you smiles and joy in life,

She is there with you, even in pain or tears, just have your faith and trust on her.

Jai Mata Di!

Wishing you all a Very happy Navratri and Dusshera!

***

"You care so much you feel as though you will bleed to death with the pain of it."

— J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

***

NIERA'S POV

Stupefied, I sat on the bench, wondering,

How life works, I wanted to know,

From one seed to a majestic tree, time turns you strong,

But then time moves ahead, when the proud leaves fall, die,

Lifeless on the ground, I wonder if this is what life taught,

To grow, shine and in the end, be the dust and die?

*~*

Removing the knots from my traces, staring at my reflection at the mirror, my gaze was fixed on the trees swaying outside the window, as I wondered how the circle of life goes.

Lost in reality, I was fed up comprehending the same things again and again and finding nothing new, there staring at the tree wondering about life's theory from their perception, it was intriguing and something new.

I flinched when my hair pull at a stubborn knot, removing all the wondering from my mind, I smoothened it before tying my hair in a smooth ponytail. Smiling at my reflection I shot on my feet before heading outside, unplugging my phone from charge, taking it with me.

The giggles of different voices resonating in the hall as I ambled on the stairs, my own smile crawled on my lips.

"Aunt Bambi!" Tiara's squeal rang around as she glued to me, wrapping her arms to my thighs on last stair. A giggle escaped me as I leaned forward to bring her in my arms. Kissing her nose, I was awarded with her pearly giggle as she attacked my cheeks.

"Good Morning."

"Good morning Tiger." I walked down with her on dining table, the two males who were until now laughing with Tiger sat stiff and mute, like a bug beat them in lips.

I raised my brow at their demeanor and Tiara giggled.

"Dada is scared." I gape at her statement as Fergal coughed, sprung over to table for water and gulping it with difficulty.

My eyes went to Jerry who sat stiff and mute; I bit my lip before letting out a sigh. Placing Tiara beside Fergal's chair I made my way to Jerry who went strict rigid. I mentally face palmed before plopping down on chair beside him, facing him while he was following the pattern of colors of tablecloth through his gaze.

Yesterday, Mr. Valentine dropped me. I spoke nothing apart from the apology, there was something, I found him disturbed, I had queries which were bubbling to be announced and answered, but his closed off look shut me, also Lamia had a bad effect on my mind.