16. Morning Mayhem

Apologies...

Apologies for the last chapter, I know it was a bit confusing for many of you but please be Patient, all the confusions will be cleared in upcoming chapters.... Thank You..

This one is for you dear... Thank you so much for all the love and support...

Thanks a lot for trusting me... Bhavyatwinkles

***

It takes the intense heat of a forest fire to cause the cones of a Jack Pine to open and release seeds for new growth.

And you, my friend, will discover hidden strengths when you face the fires of adversity in your life.

-- John Mark Green

***

In the last Chapter of Someone's Forever

[One Shock After The Other]

Niera's POV

Sweat beads falling from my head sliding to my eyes and cheeks. My hair once flowing with the winds are now sticking to my face and neck with the drying sweat. My breathing his heavy, labored, restricted.

Lungs are unable to suck air due to the burden on my chest. The heavy burden is restricting my movements, caging my limbs under the weight.

The temperature is flaring like fire is set around; my body is on fire in blazing atmosphere with constrains around me. My eyes are closed, heavy under the weight of dizziness.

The sticky sweat is falling under my chin creeping toward my neck taking it's time while my breathing is getting more and more difficult.

The air around me is getting thicker and hotter, the fire is close but there is no trace of smoke in the air.

I am trying to open my mouth, trying to make out a muffle or cry for help. My throat is dry, parched; I am trying to wet it with saliva. But all in vain. My body is betraying me. The flaring air is swirling around, increasing the temperature of the surrounding.

The tickling sticky sweat reaching my neck more slowly, the temperature is increasing fiercely soon the sweat touching the side of my neck.

Once it touched my neck, it chilled my neck. The area it traveled is freezing under its touch. My breathing is more labored now, like the oxygen is depleted from the air.

The warm sweat over my body is getting hotter with the passing moments but the sweat beads on my neck are cold, freezing as the area they are traveling on my neck.

My heart is thumping hard in my chest, the wild beating is clear to my ears with my restricted breathing in this eerie silence. My mind is trying hard to take control, to command my body but efforts are all vain. In panic, all the sanity and rationality are far away.

Soon, the cold sweat is covering my neck freezing the outer skin as well as the tissues with increasing the temperature to an unbearable vicious extent.

Then in a moment, my neck is choking with freezing and lack of air.

With all the draining energy and will, I forced my eyes to open and my limbs to push away the restrains.