33. Defiance in Acceptance

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I love you Maa.

Thank you won't be enough for the motivation and support you showered on me with your Kind encouraging words. arathypradeep

So my warm wishes and love for you! God bless!

I know, it must had to be a Forever Friday Update. I'm sorry again delaying in the update. But I was helpless with other commitments and duties. But now it's here. Enjoy!

Please read the note at the end. Thank you.

***

"If you are moving, even fire will not hurt you. If you are standing still near the fire, even though you are not in the fire, the heat will eventually get to you."

– Rich Dad

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[Check'Mate']

"You impressed me Miss. William with your brave step to take the command of the losing end but now when I see this shape of the game, I'm doubting my previous assumptions." Raymond said wryly with an unimpressed face.

He intertwined his palms, resting them on his knees.

"Do you want to take your move back? You can and you must." He offered with a firm blank tone, his words void of any emotion but eyes grasping her every change.

Niera's stiff shoulders stiffened again while her back stood straight but her face refused to show any sign of emotion to cascade her inter battle.

Trying to shield her internal battle!

Taking a deep breath, her released her stiffed muscles a little but grasped them again, the next moment.

"A player isn't allowed to take back his move." She stated in a flat tone.

"Absolutely. But they also don't take such deranged decisions. And here as your adversary, I'm allowing you to rectify your mistake, not once but twice. So use your chance." Raymond responded with a serious face and flint eyes.

My eyes left Raymond's serious face to witness the reaction of My Majesty, whose face was showcasing his impassive mask but his eyes were transfixed on the Queen who was in front of the White Queen.

The atmosphere fell in the embrace of silence which wasn't comforting but anticipating.

"I refuse." My gaze broke from Majesty's face and landed on Niera who sat comfortably on the sofa with a blank expression.

Her response made Raymond to raise his brow in query which didn't unnoticed by Niera.

"I refuse to move back. I suggest you should take your move." She enunciated her statement.

I leaned back against my sofa, with a soft smile marring my face.

The game is afoot!

"You are losing." He remarked.

"I beg to differ. I'm playing. The end of this game will decide the Victory or defeat." She stated plainly. But the raw aura of confidence was surging around her which left people flabbergasted and perplexed on her move.