17. Stepping in the Arena

Surprise....!!!!

This is for you Bro. PrinceMenghani 

***

"I think of all the thousands of billions of steps and missteps and chances and coincidences that have brought me here. Brought you here, and it feels like the biggest miracle in the world."

Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall

***

Andrew Scott as James McCoy

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[Morning Mayhem]

Niera's POV

"NIERA?!?!" a loud shriek resonated in the room literally making me jump on my place, taking my raging beats to higher limits. Startled, I turned around with my arms holding my chest to meet the gawking Jerry at my direction with popping eyes and mouth wide open reaching floor.

I scrunched my eyes, biting my inner lip preparing myself to witness Jerry getting heart attack, my fear increased to heights when Mr. Albert came behind him with worried features marrying his face which soon mirrored Jerry once his gaze ran on me.

My sanity part wanted the sky to burst and take me away from here, from this embarrassment.

I guess the morning dose of embarrassment wasn't sufficient.

Dear god, right now, I love you so much please try to shower your beautiful love and care to your other children too.

Swallowing the lump of embarrassment and shame, I took a step toward the two cultured statues in front of me, standing still in shock while there gaze following my each moment.

As I stood in front of them and was about to form a coherent sentence but was interrupted by another powerful feminine screech came behind the two statues which shook the place also made the people to jump on it.

Turning, we met with searing Mrs. Martha whose face showed the mixture of emotions which took their time to flaunt on her face. First, shock then terrified and then anger which in end turned into terrifying blazing anger.

I'm so dead today.....

"What's happening here?" she literally screamed with red dead eyes, the vein of her neck were visible, ready to explode anytime.

If we were in an animated movie, I'm sure she must have smoke coming out of her ears by now.

I lowered my head in shame and was about to answer but nothing came out, my sanity seems to gave me divorce and vocal cords seems to be left in the park.

Before she could scold me, Jerry came in front, shielding me completely from her. I silently thanked his back with gratitude while shifting my weight from one foot to another.

"Albert, take your wife away from here!" His deep voice boomed in the room like a command, frowning I took a step ahead to put my hand around his wrist, Mr. Alfred shook his head before dragging his wife back to the corridor probably in his room. Mrs. Martha's glaring gaze shooting daggers at me.

I stood there in daze, my jaws dropped at floor with Jerry's commanding tone over the old couple and their submitting stance at him.

I didn't get the chance to ask him cause, Jerry turned around to me crossing his arms over his chest. His brown eyes turned to the darker shade of brown almost touching black in them with his face showcasing the features of an elder brother who caught her siblings eating mud.