You're Mine, Forever ~ Chapter 27

Chapter 27

He took me to an Italian restaurant again and I immersed myself with my favorite pastas. Much to my horror of the prices on what's on the menu, still my husband paid for them without batting his dark eyelashes.

The place was crowded with elegant ladies around whom of course were again oogling my Eric. I was feeling awkward wearing my scrubsuit, feeling out of place. Why is it everytime he takes me out to dinner, that's the only outfit I'm wearing? He didn't even brought me home so I can change. So much for Mr. Richie Rich with a dirt-poor looking nurse of a wife.

He cleared his throat to get my attention. I wasn't aware he was speaking to me of something. I was so lost with my self-assessment.

He was wiping his sexy mouth with a napkin, he was done eating while I didn't even eat half of the food on my plate.

'You don't like it?', he asked, referring to the meal.

'I'm not really that hungry', I set aside my spoon. He wasn't aware that being with him, food is always the last thing on my mind.

He nodded.

'Babe, tomorrow they will send you a card at home. I already took care of--' tomorrow is my off-duty and the day after that.

'What card?', I looked up at him instantly, forgetting food and frowned.

He pointed at the waiter who took his credit card away. I stared at the waiter too.

'But why?!', I was shocked. Eyes huge.

'I'm paying for all of my wife's expenses'.

Oh God, not again! I bit my lower lip. I took a deep breath before talking.

'Eric, I told you before you don't have to. I got money and I'm working'.

'I know you do baby but you're my responsibility. You're my wife', he said with a smile. Well, who could say no to that? Argh! Again. It seems like that's his favorite speech when it comes to me. Putting me in my place as he says.

I sighed and silently groaned.

'Anyway, I have something prepared for you at home', he said, changing the subject. Giving me a sexy, secretive smile.

'What's that?', now I sounded like a little girl filled with excitement.

'Can't tell, it's a secret'.

I pouted.

He grinned then bit his lower lip. That made me sat up in attention. Yikes! I'm getting wet down there.

His eyes slowly caressed my face down to my neck then chest. I swallowed. It's getting hot in here!

He smirked. He knows?!

'Later baby'.

I snorted loudly.

He laughed so loud, that some women glared at us. Well, at me particularly for most of them were eyeing my husband since we came here. Yup, let me say that again 'MY husband'!

'So how was work?', he asked after his laughter subsided and took a sip of cold champagne. Usually he drinks brandy but tonight he preferred to keep it 'light'.

'It was fine. My mama made it through her operation', I answered cheerfully, too cheerfully in fact, hoping he won't notice how bothered I was with his presence. I was referring to my 72 year old female patient.

'Of course she will, an angel is taking care of her'.

I smiled coyly.

'I'm no angel Eric'.