You're Mine, Forever ~ Chapter 8

Chapter Eight

He called me and said he will be picking me up after imI was done at work. I started feeling so nervous. I refused him at first, but he wouldn't be budge.

Now, I was left worrying about how I look. I do not have anything to wear except for a clean green scrub suit that I grabbed from the locker room.

Usually I left the house wearing any casual clothes. Then I donned on my work uniforms inside our employees m' locker room before work started.

However, due to the sudden pouring of the heavy rain this morning, my being absentminded, and forgetting to bring an umbrella with me, all of my clothes were left drenching wet.

I went to the ladies room after my final endorsements with Anu. I hurriedly put on a light make-up.

I said to myself I just wanted to look presentable to him. However, something deep inside of me wanted him to see he was marrying a woman underneath those baggy clothes.

I changed my used scrubsuits with new ones. I changed my underwear, too. A routine habit, which I usually did after going away from work.

As a nurse, I was one of those certified OC (obsessive-compulsive).

I was washing my hands when I heard two women came inside the washroom.

From the look of it, they were hospital visitors.

It was almost past four in the afternoon.

'Oh my God! Oh my God! That guy is to die for', says the one wearing a pink dress. 'Is he a celebrity?'

'Maybe he works here'.

'Did you see his blue eyes? They are so mesmerizing'.

Blue? Oh-oh! I hope it wasn't whom I thought it was.

They continued their giggling conversation but I couldn't hear anything anymore for my heart was pumping so loud i was afraid I was going have a heart attack.

I took my large shoulder bag and went out of the door. Passing through the ladies still talking about him.

I clutched the straps of my shoulder bag tighter, took a deep breath before I finally decided to leave the washroom.

'This is it', I muttered to myself.

I went out and almost collided with this big frame of a man standing outside the doorway.

'Oops! Sorry sir-- you?!', my eyes went huge with astonishment.

'Hi', he smiled and I almost swoon.

'What are you doing here?'

'Waiting for you. So are you finish or do you need more time?', he asked, staring at me intently.

I looked away and I noticed a lot of people were lingering in the hospital visitors' lobby. Most of them were women and they were all gawking at him.

I blushed. I wasn't really fond of being the center of attention but if I was with this guy, I never thought I would ever be going to be free from that.

'Nicolaa?'

I was extracted from my perplexing thoughts and looked pointedly at him.

I blushed more.

Shocks! This guy makes me feel on fire.

'Su-sure', I stammered and lowered my eyes. I couldn't bare to stare at him a moment longer.

God! He was so hot.

He placed his right hand under my chin and lifted it, and the next thing I knew, he was kissing my strawberry lipgloss out of my baffled lips.