Brendon Urie x Reader - Bullshit Rules

Start from the beginning

You could not believe how lucky you were, to have Brendon. Not only was he funny and smart and fucking talented, he also was really caring and even if he seemed loud and insensitive at times, he was an excellent listener and always offered great advise. Plus he looked super cute and smelled amazing.

You ran your fingers down his back and pleadingly tucked at the hem of his shirt. You were desperate to feel his soft skin under your fingers again. He chuckled lowly and sat up to fulfill your wish. With one quick motion he pulled the thin material over his head, messing his hair up even more than it already was. Your eyes quickly ran over his pale skin and you reached out your hand to run your fingertips over his stomach before he leant down again, kissing you softly, not letting a single doubt about how much he loved you.

"(Y/n), have you seen my set of Beatle pi- what the fuck!"

The door to your room had flown open without a warning, your brother Dallon walking in as if it was his room. That was the exact reason why you always asked your mother to hand out the room keys.

As if you had been burnt by each other, Brendon and you shot apart. Your heart was hammering in your chest and you could feel your cheeks redden in embarrassment.

"Hey Dall," Brendon greeted, lifting a hand, a sly smile trying to cover up his nervousness.

"What the fuck," Dallon repeated, his eyes darting between Brendon and you.

A part of you felt terribly embarrassed, but glad that at least you still had your shirt on. And it only got worse the longer Dallon stared at you. The other part of you was furious. What gave him the right to run in here like that.

"Get out," you screamed, your voice an octave higher than usually.

That seemed to break the uncomfortable silence that had fallen. You tried to get up, wanted to push Dallon out of your room, but he was faster. He made a few steps forwards and grabbed Brendon by the bare shoulder.

"No, he gets out," Dallon shouted back, pulling Brendon off the bed and shoving him out of the room.

"Dallon, leave him alone," you winced, running after them.

"Hey, buddy, listen-" Brendon tried to calm Dallon down.

"I'm not your buddy, understood," Dallon fumed, shoving Brendon towards the stairs. "They're my sibling for god's sake, how could you touch them?"

"It's not like I didn't want it," you screamed, following the two, trying to pull Dallon away from your boyfriend. "Leave him alone!"

"No, you know what, he broke my trust! He knows my family is of limits, and you-" he pointed at you when he reached the front door, "you know about the rules!"

"The rules are fucking bullshit," you shouted, anger boiling hot in your veins. "You know Brendon is a good guy and I love him for fuck's sake, so leave him alone!"

Dallon had by now pushed Brendon out of the front door, who stood outside, no shirt on, red marks forming where Dallon's hands had shoved him too hard.

Just in that moment your father's car pulled into the driveway. Dallon and you were still shouting at each other, Brendon trying to stop Dallon to listen, but only got pushed back every other second, when the loud booming of your father's voice interrupted you.

"What is going on," he demanded to know, stepping between you and your fighting brother.

Both of you started talking at the same time, so it took a while until he had finally understood everything, Brendon standing next to you, embarrassedly trying to cover up his naked chest with his arms.

When finally you had explained the situation to your father, he nodded thoughtfully.

"I'm gonna be honest with both of you. I'm disappointed," he admitted, sending both of you glares. "(Y/n), I would've expected you to tell me, or your mum, about you having a boyfriend. That's a big thing, the first relationship and it would've been nice to be let in about it, having you," he gestured over to Brendon, "over for dinner sometimes. But Dallon," he turned to his older son, "I can't believe you put up rules that define who (Y/n) is allowed to date. I can understand," he quickly continued, avoiding the response Dallon had been taking breath for, "that you want to keep them safe, but they're old enough to know what they do in that matter, not even mentioning that it is absolutely none of your business who they date."

You looked at your father in stunned silence. You had always just worried about Dallon finding out and not for one second thought about your parents' reaction.

"Now," he continued, "I want you to apologize to (Y/n), Dallon, and especially to Brendon. Go on."

Dallon shot your father an angry glare but turned around to you anyway, mumbling a quiet 'sorry' under his breath.

"Sorry I overreacted," he told Brendon, who only nodded.

"And now someone get this boy a shirt," you father commanded, with the hint of a smile, pushing past you into the house.

Dallon followed quickly after and you reached out your hand for Brendon's. His warm fingers closed around yours and a chuckle escaped your lips. You quickly pressed your lips against his, knowing you didn't have to hide anymore and pulled him over the doorstep, pushing the door closed behind you.