.4

Niall sat on Harry's couch in a daze. There were things running through his mind that were almost too insane to be true.

"Your mom knows you're here?" Harry asked handing Niall a drink.

There was just a small nod, he didn't feel like talking. He took the drink taking a big gulp of it, eyes still fixating on the blank television in front of him.

Harry crashed on the couch in the spot next to him, "normally I wouldn't ask questions, but you're watching a tv that isn't on, so what's the give?"

"Don't feel like talking." Niall said in a low voice, Harry wasn't one to push. So he just nodded and watched the tv with him, there was nothing on it and he was okay with that. If Niall wanted silence he would give it to him.

He allowed his own thoughts to wander, thinking of Louis, and how much he was hurt by him. He didn't want to forgive him, but he wanted to see his face again.

He thoughts back to the day he saw his face in his door frame. How there was a spark, not a cliche spark, just a small spark that was almost not human.

He remembered the way his face shut down, he physically seen all the blood in his body drop to his feet.

Harry began to feel that feeling when he thought about how pissed Nick would be, how much anger could be thrown his way if he even knew Niall was on his apartment.

"I think Zayn is cheating." Niall finally spoke, they both didn't realize they were sitting there for 45 minutes in their own troubling thoughts.

Harry mustered all the fact surprise he could to not blow the cover of his other two friends.

"Why do you think that?" He said with a shocked face on.

"He doesn't ever want to spend time anymore. He is always focused on school, or projects, and he is always with Liam now." Niall huffed, "and they have history."

"I'm aware." Harry said taking a sip of his drink, he needed to be intoxicated for this, he couldn't fathom having this conversation, needing to lie.

But he didn't need to lie, he was being selfish. He just wanted the company, and he knew that if Niall found out that he knew, he wouldn't want to spend time with him.

"Maybe you're just over thinking it, maybe they really have a project." He said and Niall nodded, he seemed to be assured by just a small sentence.

Harry kept forgetting that the boys were young, they were naive and didn't understand that this isn't how life works.

"What's got you all pale?" Niall said and winked.

"Louis." They both said in unison.

"Well Harry, you need to look at it and give sympathy." Niall said and shrugged, "what he did was fucked up, I don't think it was Intentional either. I think that Louis just genuinely was joking and Zayn took it too far, or he thought he wouldn't of liked you."

Harry rolled his eyes, "but they bet money on my feelings as well, I got teased and trapped into this sick game for a fucking reward."

Niall looked at Harry with furrowed eyebrows, "your feelings had nothing to do with it. Louis' did."

And with that Harry felt reassured, but it went back down again when he realized Niall helped him and he was too scared to help Niall.