Chpt #19 Do I Really Know You??

"...I knew I heard voices," I sighed as I slowly stepped away from the shadows and anxiously revealed myself to everyone.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE?!"Jean stood and shouted in shock.  

I just stared at everyone. Their jaws were dropped open and their eyes were widened like a bug. Everyone was completely in utter shock, especially Jean.

"Uh..." I scratched the side of my chin, "I got into a fight, what else?"

Thought of making it simple, I hated it when we make things like this a big deal. It's embarrassing.

I looked at everyone once more. Jean was about to leave his sit and come after me but he didn't get the chance when Shinami and Liyah immediately ran up to me first.

"Who did this to you???" Liyah panicked as she was expecting my wounds.

"Dang, whoever did it, smacked you good!!" Shinami laughed and I replied her with a glare.

"What?? We don't see you get beaten up everyday," she grinned as she naturally checked my bruises.

"Was it the man you called Edward?" Jean asked sternly. I looked away in silence.

"It's my first time to see Louisa beate...-" I looked back at Connie threateningly , "-I mean...was he that strong??"

"No he was another weakling," I replied.

"Then how did you end up like this?" Mikasa asked.

I sat silently for a while, I took a glance at Eren and Historia.  They were awfully quiet and they just  waited for my explanation.

I sighed one more time, "Just as when I could've brought him down and claim victory... the side effect-the painful headache  kicked in. It made me vulnerable enough to not even stand properly."

"But...you won right? He d-didn't defeat you?" Liyah asked in a cautious tone.

"Of course I won, but it didn't go as plan..." I answered.

"How did you won? Did the headache disappeared? Or you endured it?" Armin asked as if he only wanted information.

I sat quiet for a minute, brushed my hair a little bit to the part where Edward pulled and gazed at Shinami and Liyah.

"I was got unconscious..." 

That was the only words I could bring out.

"Unconscious? You won by being unconscious?" Sasha asked in confusion. Most of them didn't really understand and I would like it to be this way. Except for Armin who was clearly deep in thought. There might be a chance he could figure out all what I meant with even little information.

Liyah and Shinami almost jolted from shock, they both looked at each other and slowly patted my back in the end. I slowly patted their's and removed their hands around me.

"That's another story for another day," I slightly smirked.

As much as I always kept a lot of secrets from them. My trauma is too private to talk about. If they heard about it they could even see me as a monster.

"You guys didn't mention anything, when you guys returned!! You two were there when it happened!!" Jean shouted at Eren.

"Hey we didn't say anything because we didn't want to!! Don't go just go pointing fingers to anyone you horseface!!" Eren stood up from his seat and shouted back at the man in front of him.