Ch. 21

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This story is ending soon and then I will be starting brainstorming for the sequel.

In the meantime there are a few things I'd like to point out:

- Connor Blake, Sarah's lawyer and a good friend of her late father, is played by Mark Pellegrino. (I tried several times to add him to the cast but Wattpad is being a little bitch every time.)

 - Joy's disease went away (just like Liam's missing kidney reappeared on itself, I guess. LOL.) Just in case you were wondering why the topic won't be brought up anymore. (I thought about keeping it alive but then I decided against it. But Joy will have a major part in the sequel :D)

- Despite this being a Zayn/1D fanfic, Liam, Harry, Louis and Niall were hardly ever mentioned in this story. I guess I was just so caught up telling Sarah's story that I completely overlooked other characters.

- BUT the rest of One Direction will definitely be in the sequel, just gotta figure out a way to incorporate them into the storyline. That's why I can't start the sequel right away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarah's p.o.v.

I pulled back the curtains and stared into the ocean. It's been five days since we arrived in Miami and everyone else seemed to enjoy the time off. Except me.

Joy insisted on dragging me along to the beach and the city for shopping, basically wherever she went I had to go too.

I had tried several times to tell her I'm comfortable with staying in the hotel but she would always give me the same look and drag me along anyway.

Connor sometimes looked at me with that same expression too. Like he's waiting for me to do something stupid, something irrational.

"Connor and I, we're going to the harbor and rent a yacht for the day. You wanna join us?" Joy asked, as if I had a choice.

"No." I said nonetheless. Maybe this time she'd accept my answer.

"Sarah..."

"Joy, I know you care about me, and you may think I'm not enjoying this, but I am. In my own way I'm enjoying this."

"By staying in your room all day?"

"What's wrong with that?"

She didn't reply. Just grumbled and left the room without another word.

Two minutes later, Connor entered my room without knocking first.

"Of course she's sending you." I replied when he closed the door behind him.

"Can you blame her? She's worried."

"But there's nothing to worry about. I'm fine!"

"Are you? Look, you may be able to fool Joy, but I can see something's wrong. So why don't you tell me. At least that way we know not to bother you anymore."