Ch. 6

I sat on the kitchen counter, waiting for Zayn to get rid of Debbie and Jamie. She insisted on writing down her number and give it to Zayn. Just in case there were any questions. Yeah, right!

My feet dangled off the granite surface as a small piece of paper caught my attention. In the fruit bowl next to me was a note, neatly placed between the bananas. I reached over and retrieved the paper. When I unfolded it I saw it was a number. Jamie's name was added underneath.

He gave me his cell phone number? Why?!

I decided to not waste a thought on him and focused on the door. Zayn walked back to the kitchen and it was my cue to go.

"Are you leaving?" Zayn called out. Did he expect me to stay?

"I'm tired. I'll come pick up my stuff tomorrow."

He nodded and left. Probably upstairs, I didn't check. I didn't care.

I looked around the kitchen. I had picked out every piece of furniture myself. Not just here, but in the entire house. Sure, Zayn paid for it but this house was my masterpiece. I chuckled silently when I thought about how proud I was when I finally finished furnishing it. Trisha had come by and admired it, saying that finally her son found 'the one' to settle down with.

Two weeks later I ran in on him fucking some groupie. What an ironie!

I got up off the counter and shut off the remaining lights before locking the door on my way out.

I had promised Trisha to tell her how the interview went, but I figured I'd call her in the morning. Just as I climbed inside my car my phone went off in my purse.

Hey.

Hey sis, where are you?

Just left Zayn's, why?

His mom's here.

In your flat?

Yup.

I'll be right over.

I disconnected the call and rushed to Joy's flat. I kept trying to come up with a valid reason as to why Trisha would feel the need to stay put here in London. At my sister's no less!

Twenty minutes later I arrived at Joy's and rang her door bell. The front door opened with a loud buzz and I opted for the stairs as I was sure it'd be faster. I took two at a time and was out of breath when I reached the fifth floor.

"There you are! We've been awkwardly staring at each other for the past hour or so! I can't take this anymore, I need a drink!" Joy said and grabbed her coat from the wardrobe.

"Where are you going?" I whisper-screamed.

"I'll be back soon." She promised and disappeared.

Inside I caught a glimpse of Trisha sitting at the edge of the couch. She was nervous but also worked up about something.

"Oh, you're here!" She exclaimed once she saw me.

"I thought you went back to Bradford?" I mumbled more to myself but she heard.