Ch. 1

It was two weeks ago that me and Zayn decided to move in together. I was perfectly fine with moving to his place but he insisted on getting a new house.

He also left me in charge of the interior design and decoration as he was too busy promoting One Direction's newest record.

Today, two weeks after I started prepping the house, he would be coming home and I wanted to surprise him with the finished result.

I knew he would be arriving around 8, so that gave me enough time to cook dinner and get fresh flowers.

When I unlocked the front door with my key I went straight to the kitchen to get a vase. That's when I saw a white shirt sprawled on the floor. It looked like it belonged to Zayn. I haven't been here for the last 3 days, but I was sure that shirt wasn't there last time I came here.

Excited that maybe Zayn was already here I climbed up the stairs. I opened the door to our bedroom and gasped.

It took my eyes a few seconds to adjust to the dim light but there was no denying in what I saw.

Quickly I let go of the door handle and rushed downstairs, not bothering looking back. I grabbed my bag from the kitchen counter and closed the door behind me.

The next day...

I had spent the night in my sister's flat. Luckily she didn't ask any questions when I appeared in front of her, eyes red from crying.

She just motioned for me to lay down on her bed while she carried extra sheets to her couch.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" She demanded when I remained silent during breakfast.

I kept checking my phone, hoping to get a call or text from Zayn. It's been 10 hours and he still hadn't called to apologize.

"What is wrong?" She continued, but her words sounded muffled.

My phone beeped and I startled. I was expecting it to be a text. I was disappointed when I saw it was just a reminder I set for an important meeting today.

"Shit!" I exclaimed.

"What?" She asked slightly irritated.

"I forgot the meeting at SyCo was today!" I simply said. "Can you come with me?".

"Sure." My sister answered and went on cleaning up the dishes.

That's when my phone rang. I knew it was Zayn, without even having to look at the screen.

"Aren't you gonna get that?" My sister asked confused.

"No." I retorted and put the phone on silent.

I went to the balcony for a smoke but left my phone on the kitchen counter. When it rang again my sister looked at the display to see who was calling. She furrowed her eyebrows when she read Zayn's name.

Although she was my assistant, she knew I hated it when she answered my phone. Eventually the riging stopped and I came back inside.

When the phone went off for a third time I watched her picking it up and putting the call on silent. She then placed the phone back on the counter and continued with the dishwashing.