Ch. 2

Earlier that day in Bradford...

Zayn's p.o.v.

"You did what?" My mom was visibly disappointed when I had finished my story.

"I'm an idiot, I know. But it happened. I can't change that!"

"These things don't just happen, Zayn! Sarah doesn't deserve this!"

"I know, mum. I know! I've been calling her all day yesterday and today. She just won't talk to me!"

"Wasn't today the monthly meeting the girls are also invited to?"

"Yes."

"She wasn't there?" It sounded more like a statement.

"Oh, she was there. And she was ignoring me the whole time. I called her phone just to see her reaction and she just handed the phone over to her sister."

"Why was Joy there?"

"I don't know. I guess Sarah didn't want to go by herself."

"Give her time!"

"I don't have time, mom! She may think that there's something on between me and you-know-who."

"I don't understand why you even kept in touch with that girl. She's nothing but trouble. But you can't force Sarah to listen to you. If she doesn't want to see you right now you'll have to respect that!"

"No! I'm going to talk to her. I know exactly where she's staying!"

A few hours later in London...

Joy's p.o.v.

Hey, sis.

...

You made it safe?

...

Good. You're gonna stay the night?

...

Okay, I'll talk to you tomorrow!

I ended the call when loud banging on the door made me jump up.

"What do you want here?" I spat as soon as I saw Zayn standing in front of me.

"Where's Sarah?" He looked around.

"She's not here!"

"When is she coming back?" He pressed on.

"She's not staying here!"

"Where is she staying? Tell me!" He spat.

"I don't know. And even if I did you would be the last person I'd tell. Whatever happened between you two it was enough to piss off Sarah. You better stay away from her." I spat back.

"Oh, so you really don't know anything." He retorted in a sarcastic tone.

I saw Zayn's frustration grow as he rushed out the door. He was shouting something at me but I couldn't understand. And I didn't care enough to ask either.

That night in Bradford...