Ch. 4

Zayn's p.o.v.

"The clothing line is a huge success, boys. I wasn't expecting the public to respond so well. We need to capitalize on that!" I heard Simon say.

I wasn't paying any attention though. I hadn't heard from Sarah in the last four days and I was pretty sure she wasn't in L.A.

Louis had visited her sister in hopes of getting to talk to Sarah, but Joy said she wasn't there.

I drove by her place, but everything was dark there too. Where was she? Did something happen to her?

"Zayn! Zayn, do you hear me?" Simon snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"Huh, what?" I said, absent-mindedly.

"I said, are you okay with additional promotion?"

"Yeah... Wait! What does that additional promotion include?" I asked warily.

"Just more interviews." Simon casually said.

"Oh. Okay then."

Simon closed the meeting but asked me to stay for a little while longer.

"Zayn, is everything okay with you?" He began and I could tell he was sincerely worried.

"Sure." I exclaimed.

"Really? Because the other day at the launch party you acted a bit weird. And so did Sarah. Are you two okay?"

"You know how Sarah is, she doesn't like to have all this attention drawn to her." I mumbled.

"Well, people are interested in her. It's because she's so secretive."

"She just doesn't like the spotlight." I truthfully said.

"Listen, I was going to speak about this to both of you but I was thinking maybe we could do some kind of back-story on you. The mega star and the young CEO!" He added.

"She would never agree to this!" I quickly said. Even if we were still together.

"I'm not asking you to ask her for me. I'll bring it up myself in our monthly meeting." He said with a grin and I nodded awkwardly.

"Okay. Go home now, get some rest. You look like crap!"

I exited the building and climbed in my Bentley.

I did look like crap. Mainly because I didn't sleep. I was too busy thinking about how I could make up for the mess I made. Although Sarah made it clear she wouldn't forgive me, I wasn't ready to give up yet.

Sarah's p.o.v.

A week after I had declared my absence I turned my private phone back on. I was immediately bombarded with countless texts and emails.

I sifted through them and noticed how I had multiple texts from Zayn. In those he asked me to call him back once I saw the texts.

I contemplated whether I should call him back or not. He probably just wanted to apologize.

No! It's definitely too late for an apology. Maybe something else happened?

Curiousity got the best of and so I called him back.