Who needs protection?

‘’So they are coming tomorrow?’’ Mona asked Damon without even realising that Damon was not interested to have any conversation.

Flashback
‘’Damon you can’t control everything. You have to realise that some things can’t be controlled.’’  Jason said to Damon

‘’Well I’m a vampire and I can control everything.’’ Damon replied

‘’Not from what happened today. You were this close to get killed today.’’ Jason said and gave Damon his day light ring back.

‘’It was just an accident’’ Damon tried to defend his dignity

‘’It was not an accident Damon. You have to be more careful. You know sometimes I really feel that you have death wish. As if you don’t want to live.’’ Jason was worried

‘’I don’t have a death wish. It was just that hunter’s luck that he almost got me.’’ Damon replied rudely

‘’Damon I’m not trying to offend you. I’m just worried about you. I’m your friend. This is what friends do. ‘’ Jason almost shouted at Damon for his reckless behaviour.

‘’Jason just stop it. I’m in no mood for a fight’’. Damon said and left the room and Jason followed him

‘’So now you’re going to sing me lullaby so I can sleep well?’’ Damon taunts Jason for his overprotective behaviour

‘’For Christ sake can you please stop acting like a jerk. Why do you have to complicate things?’’ Jason threw a vase and left the room.

‘‘Hey! I didn’t asked you to save me. I am not your responsibility. I can take care of myself.’’ Damon shouted and left the house.

Damon was standing in middle of the road and forced a car to stop. A couple came out or so Damon thought and attacked the man and threw him in other side of the road. The girl screamed and tried to run far away from Damon but Vampires are way much faster than humans. Damon grabbed her hair and started drinking blood from her. The girl was about to take her last breath and from Damon’s behind the injured man said “ Please no. Sh—She’s my sister. Please ju-just let her go.’’ He tried to approach Damon but he passed out.
Just by hearing those words Damon suddenly stopped feeding on her and forced her to drink his blood so she can heal.
Damon just stared at that girl and whispered ‘’Samara’’. And said to the girl ‘’ You will not remember me. You were on the road, your brother lost control and you guys met an accident.’’ And he left for home where he was living with Jason.

‘’Damon. Who is Samara?’’ Jason asked and Damon was in complete horror that how Jason knew that name.

‘’What? How do you know that name? What else you know? Tell me now or else I’ll rip your heart out.’’ Damon held Jason by his throat and Jason was in complete shock.

‘’Tell me.’’ Damon shouted at Jason and threw him across the room. Jason was having hard time breathing.

‘’I  was- was so worried about you that I placed a bug on you. ‘’ He stands up and looked at Damon.

‘’You planted a bug on me. You were spying on me. Damon said and threw Jason against a wall.

‘’I’m sorry. Please don’t do this. You saved me. ‘’ Jason was practically begging and was coughing blood.

‘’Saving you was a mistake. So you are one of those who wants my sister.’’ Damon said with pure hatred in his voice.

‘’I don’t know anything about your sister. Please trust me. Jason was feeling dizzy and was unable to stand up this time.

‘’Then let me tell you. Samara is the name of my sister. She’s extraordinary, Powerful. So powerful that people like you wants to steal her power and may even kill her to take it.’’ Damon paused and laughed sarcastically. He continued ‘’ But I won’t let that happen even if I have to stay away from her. Even if it kills me to be around my baby sister.’’ Damon slowly approached Jason.

‘’I don’t know about anything about it. I
was just curious to know more about you, about vampires.’’ Jason tried his best to explain.

‘’Jason for a second I thought that maybe I can stay a little longer.’’ Damon said snapped Jason’s neck and continued ‘’You will be missed’’
End of flashback

‘’Damon?’’ Mona said and touched Damon’s shoulder

‘’Huh. Were you saying something?’’ Damon hesitates.

‘’What were you thinking?’ Mona asked Damon and was expecting for him to tell the truth.

‘’Nothing. I’m just worried about tomorrow.’’ Damon fake smiled

‘’So am I. If someone offended her then she will paint these walls in their blood.’’ Mona said with pure horror in her eyes.

‘’Mona. She’s my sister, not some psycho maniac who kills for fun. ‘’ Damon said angrily.

‘’I’m just sharing my concern with you. I just want to protect you. That’s all.’’ Mona tried to hug Damon  but he stopped her remembering Jason’s words

‘’The last person who wanted to protect me died by my own hands. Your sole job is to protect my sister.’’ Damon said and a tear escaped from Mona’s eyes.

Next Morning
Samara wakes up and started her daily routine. Mona was going thru her grimoire to look for more effective spell to prepare herself for the worse situation that may happen today. Damon as usual wore black cloths. Jenna was preparing breakfast when Damon came downstairs to find Mona looking at her grimoire. Damon approached her.

‘’Morning Damon’’ Mona said smiling as if nothing had happened last night.

‘’Moring’’ Damon replied and hugged Mona. He always knew that he can count on her but he was deep down mad at himself for hurting her.

When it comes to protect her sister, Damon doesn’t care about any other person in the world. He can burn the entire world for the safety of samara. Mona’s fear was right in a way that Samara can be dangerous and unpredictable as she was trapped for so long and was unable to control her powers. But Damon on the other hand knew in his heart that Samara cannot do any wrong. He will protect her at any cost.

‘’Good Morning guys’’ Samara said to all.

‘’Hey. I’ve made breakfast and guess what it’s your favourite.’’ Jenna replied to her

‘’Thanks Jenna.’’ Samara said and looked at Damon

‘’Samara. We’re expecting some guest.’’ Damon said calmly but he knew that samara was feeling uneasy.

‘’Is it Derek?’’ Samara asked politely.

‘’Oh not just Derek. Entire pack is coming to see you.’’ Mona replied.

"How did you know that Derek was coming?’’ Damon asked Samara

‘’I just guessed.’’ Samara was feeling shy and nervous at the same time.

‘’Don’t worry Samara. I’ll remove boundary spell.’’ Mona said and samara immediately said ‘’It’s already done.

‘’Done. How?’’ Damon asked.

‘’I don’t know. I just do things. It’s hard to explain’’ Samara was confused.

‘’So you just removed a highly advance boundary spell without a spell. That’s interesting.’’ Mona compliments Samara but gives a weird look to Damon.

‘’I didn’t know that we were having visitors.’’ Jenna Said to Damon.

‘’Jenna  please can you serve Samara with some of your delicious food while I ask Derek when will he arrive with his pack.’’ Damon said to Jenna and hints Mona to follow him in other room

‘’She is doing stuff. Without spell Damon. That’s some crazy power she has.’’ Mona was amused.

‘’Well this is the reason we are here to protect her. So no one can harm her.’’ Damon said

‘’I don’t think she’s the one who need protection.’’ Mona said.