chapter sixteen

Ashton was a model.

Maybe he wasn't a contracted model with agents, sponsors, and free clothing from aspiring designers in need of exposure, but being in a band meant magazine covers. Magazine covers meant people touching him, dressing him, turning him to their personal little doll and he hated being told what to do, how to stand, and where that one damn strand of hair needed to be. He was flustered as girls adjusted his button up shirt and directed just where he should place his feet or his hands.

Luke seemed to love it. Sipping on his iced coffee, sitting in a foldable chair with a shit eating grin on his face and his phone in his hand, he looked like he was having the time of his life. Especially when he would further demand Ashton to listen to them and be a 'good boy'.

Just wait until Ashton gets his hands on him. He won't be able to walk or talk when he's through with him.

"- Ash?" He heard and he turned around as a flash filled the room. "You're the most youthful here. What's with the wrinkles?"

Ashton looked at his blond friend before clearing his throat. "Nothing. I just zoned out thinking about the attached article. Sorry." He apologized and the main photographer explained that now he wanted to bring the 'sexy' and 'wild' side of being a rockstar out.

"I want people to look at this magazine and think, 'these men are rockstars'. You have the leather, you have the chains, the instruments, now we need the facial expressions, the steam, the life." He explained and the band looked at each other. "Bring it to life, boys. Channel that fire."

He wanted sultry looks, slips of skin, unbuttoned shirts, and taunting smiles. Michael was clearly uncomfortable. Calum was expressionless. And Ashton knew his body wasn't ready to be shown off, not when it was still healing from the claws Luke calls his fingernails. They didn't want to do this, but it wasn't their magazine and they were the guests here, not the crew. Not when this article was full of important things like their next tour next year, the people they've become during their break, and Ashton's own personal issues that he had to address before things got too bad. Should photos like these be included when he finally speaks up against the accusations dragging the band's reputation down? He, professionally, doesn't think so, but it's noy his magazine unfortunately.

He almost felt... violated as a male photographer pushed his button up off his shoulder and set his fingers beneath his chin to poise him the way they needed. He was stiff, and numerous times he was told to loosen up but he couldn't let his muscle relax under their eyes. None of them could. Not when these were the most unnecessary poses they could do as a band who wants things to be about music and not who can make the best smirk to the camera. Not when they were someone else's barbie dolls made solely just for attention.

Sex really does sell though. He's been in the industry long enough to know that image really is everything, and to sell themselves as these attractive, romantics for their 'Valentine' mood would make these sell faster than their old Rolling Stones article.

Ashton let his eyelids fall slightly before raising the collar of his shirt to his mouth, the other side falling down his shoulder teasingly, and strategically, to reveal the soft, golden skin of his shoulder yet keep the nail marks his own dirty little secret. He looked up into the camera as they lifted it only a few centimeters higher, and when they told him to drop his left eye into a wink after several flashes, he did. When they told him to look away to 'your blond friend', he did, making especially sure to catch Luke's gaze as he clenched his jaw for a stronger, more defined jawline. And when they said to smirk, he tilted his lip upwards into a lopsided grin that made Luke shift in his seat.

Did he really have that much of an effect on him? He's so cute.

Ashton could see his cheeks getting flushed, a pink taking over his porcelain skin as he looked down at the floor. The green straw of his drink was pulled between his lips, and he couldn't help but wish something else was between his lips.

"Bro, you look like a God." He heard Calum say and he accidentally turned to look at him, forgetting momentarily that someone other than he and Like were here. The photographer called for a break, and he watched as his best friends approached him. "You look like the epitome of a Greek God."

Michael slapped a hand on his shoulder blade and Ashton flinched since his thin shirt didn't provide much cushion from the blow against the scabs of his small injuries. "Dude." Ashton grumbled and Calum rose an eyebrow at him.

"You alright?"

"I'm just sore from working out yesterday." He replied as he looked at the two. Michael seemed to buy his little white lie, while Calum had his own smirk on his face.

"Got it. Because you totally didn't spend all day at home on Twitter. He nodded as he glanced at Luke subtly. "Stay safe, mate. Stretch."

"What? Am I missing something?" Michael asked and Ashton looked at him as he shook his head. "I feel like I am."

He rolled his eyes and then ran a hand through his hair before looking at the blond who was talking to photographers. He was smiling, happily drinking the coffee he bought him as it seemed like he was being taught how to use the camera. He wonders what he said to have gotten back here with them. He also wonders what he thought about the article he got a sneak peak from the written version beside him.

Ashton approached him and Luke almost instantly turned to face him. It's like he knew he was coming even if his back was slightly turned. "Hey, Ash." He grinned and one of the the photographers walked off so they can start shooting either Michael or Calum. Ashton didn't notice which.

"You enjoy the show?"

"Personally," Luke started before looking around them. "- I'd like a... private, one-on-one shoot with you. Can that be arranged?"

Ashton chuckled. "Yeah? What do I get in return?" He asked as Luke looked at up at him through his lashes.

"Whatever you want," he answered, his voice disappearing as he mouthed a naughty little, "- daddy."

Ashton stood beside him and then crouched down to whisper in his ear when he saw that the attention was anywhere but on them. "Don't make promises you can't keep up with."