chapter nine

He laughed as he joined into the group of drunk kids with no responsibilities, a cup of Tonya's mixed specialty of God knows what with a candy rim in his hand half gone like himself. He leaned against a girl with big circle glasses and messy black hair and she leaned back against him. Her arm wrapped around his shoulders and he looked at her as she raised her bottle to the sky.

"To not being shitty teenagers anymore." She cheered and Ashton raised his cup to her beer before downing the contents with the rest of his newfound friends. "Fuck not fitting in. They wanna be us now!"

"Yeah!" He agreed and then smiled as the others began sharing their stories on being losers in school. He didn't really care.

Ashton looked at the girl again and she smiled at him with dark brown eyes that radiated a warm, woodsy vibe; green swirling in her iris like leaves on a tree. Her thick lashes were curled to perfection. A cute shimmer was on her nose and it matched the same shine that rested high on her cheekbones, popping from her dark skin and the lights above. A rosy shade to her cheeks as she noticed the wyes he was giving her.

His eyes fell lower.

Her glossy, nude lips was tugged upward and he watched as they parted to reveal a couple of silver, shimmering teeth. A metal ball rested on the middle of her tongue and he could feel himself lean closer as he watched her smirk like the devil she was. She knew what she was doing to him. He knew she knew. But he leaned closer to her nonetheless. And closer. And closer. And -

Glossed, plump lips pressed against his and he hummed as he shut his eyes at the contact. Her long, slender fingers tangled into his own mess of curls and he wrapped his arm around her back to pull her close. The people around them 'oh'ed and whistled at them, only edging Ashton to grab her thigh and hike it over his lap. To put on a show. To be the center if attention finally since he's gotten into the penthouse.

She smelt like coconut and cheap liquor, and he wanted to get drunk off of the taste of her tongue. His hands set on her thin waist and he could still hear them telling the two to 'get that dick' and 'get a fucking room'.

She set her free hand on his collarbones and then pulled away before setting her index finger on his nose. "Do you want to go get that room they're talking about?" She asked and Ashton bit his bottom lip.

"I'll follow you out." He nodded and she grabbed his collar as she got off of him. He laughed as she winked at the others and he apologized for having to leave early.

"She's feisty, mate." A random guy commented and Ashton tried to ignore his comment. "If she likes you, she'll keep you maybe. It's how she is."

"What?" He asked with a laugh as Tonya tried to lead him out of the room. "Say that again."

"What did I say?" He asked and Ashton stared at him for a moment. "What?"

"Hey, man," he smiled as he realized a beautiful girl was waiting on him to stop wasting his time with a low life like whatever this guy's name was. "- fuck you."

He walked away, leaving the room in shambles of 'what just happened' and 'you let a white boy talk to you like that'. As she pulled the door open for him, he saw a blond boy standing there dressed in all black. From his head to his toes he was decked out in the color he had requested an hour ago, and when he ran his hands through his nails he saw even his nails were different. From a bright, colourful red to a deep, shiny black.

He parted his pink lips as he looked between the two and Ashton could see the hurt in his eyes as he tugged on the collar of his shirt. "Oh." He said quietly and the drummer could feel Tonya's eyes on him as he hesitated to follow her.

"I-I thought you weren't gonna show. You took awhile to come." Ashton defended himself. Dis he really have to? Why did he feel the need to?

"I had to do laundry because all my black clothes were dirty." He told him before looking to the carpet beneath them while playing with his rings. "You asked me to wear black for you so I wanted to do it."

Ashton was quiet as he realized what a douche he probably looked like right now.

Fuck.

"I'll just go. There's no one in there for me then." Luke smiled as he shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans. "Have a good night you two. Take an uh Uber home."

"There's Michael and Crystal." Ashton tried to lift his spirits. He shook his head as he shrugged.

"We both know I didn't come for them."

Ashton felt his stomach drop when Luke walked away from him, but he didn't make a move to stop him. He just... watched. He watched him walk away shaking his head and then pulling his phone out from his back pocket. He sounded sad, almost disappointed.

"Was he here with you?" The girl behind him asked and he cleared his throat as he turned to look at her. "Are you gay?"

"I'm pan, actually. Not the same." He corrected and she nodded. "That probably ruined the mood, yeah? I'm s-"

She shrugged as she played with the rings on his hand. "- Didn't ruin mine if it didn't ruin your's." She hinted and he grinned, trying to forget that look of betrayal he saw in Luke's blue eyes. Trying to invest himself in the pair of chocolate eyes in front of him.

"Let me take you back to my place, beautiful." He cupped her jaw and she nodded as the two began making their way to the elevator.

He wanted to think Luke wasn't hurt by him going home with someone, that he understood they weren't exclusive. He didn't ask him here to get laid, just to keep him company. Could he be hurt that Ashton found company while he was there? Was he upset that he was leaving with someone else?

Why was he so worried about it when he had a gorgeous girl hanging on his arm wanting him and only him for the night? Why was Luke on his mind when her lips were moving and her hand palming his dick through his jeans?

What the fuck was he doing to him?