x

in my right hand, i played with the dream catcher charm on the end of my necklace, and in my left hand, i held jaemin's.

it was just another day at lunch, except the atmosphere was much different than it was before - it was better.

mina, jeno's girlfriend, sat with us now. it didn't bother me at all. in fact, we've become close friends.

what would i have to be upset about? i have jaemin now.

"how long have you guys been dating? two weeks?" mark asked out of curiosity, and we both nodded. two weeks.

"yeah," haechan scoffed. "and they never even thanked me."

"why in the hell would we thank you?" jaemin laughed, shaking his head in disbelief at the other boy's words.

"if it weren't for me, i guarantee you never would've gotten together. so you're welcome."

i guess he had a point. even though he always made us feel awkward, he also made us admit to our feelings.

"not everything's about you, haechan." renjun suddenly spoke up, and i rolled my eyes, knowing that they'd be at each others' throats now.

"i never said-"

"haechan, just shut up." mark interrupted, making haechan pout and cross his arms over his chest as if he were a child. i chuckled.

"y/n, how do you put up with them?" mina joked, and i laughed in response.

"i don't. i just let jaemin put up with them."

jaemin chuckled. "wow, love you too."

the bell rang, and we all went our separate ways. the next thing i had to look forward to was the walk home with jaemin after school.

3:00

"hey, y/n?"

jaemin's voice snapped me from my thoughts as i walked on the sidewalk next to him.

"yeah?" i tilted my head up to look at him, then grabbed his hand. it's become a habit now, i guess. plus, it was a little chilly.

"we've known each other for a long time, y'know," he glanced over at the road, watching the cars go by as we walked. "do you think we'll spend the rest of our lives together? i mean, what if we grow apart after school and this was all for nothing."

his question threw me off guard a bit, as it was definitely not something i'd thought about before. i pondered for a moment before answering.

"i don't know, jaemin." i finally said, stuffing my free hand into the pocket of my jacket. "i guess we'll find out. but let's not worry about that, okay? we've only been dating for two weeks, don't get too carried away."

we both cracked a smile.

"i just don't wanna lose you." he admitted.

i looked up at him, still smiling. "then let's make a vow to each other. no matter what, we'll always be best friends, okay?"

"okay."

i stuck my pinky finger out, and he wrapped his own around it.

"promise."

not long after, we had arrived at my house, and he hugged me goodbye.

that night, i'd fall asleep wearing my necklace, just like i had been for the past two weeks. and for the past two weeks, i've had nothing but good dreams.

i didn't know this at the time, but i'd wear that necklace to bed every night for the rest of my life.

and every night for the rest of my life, i'd have nothing but good dreams.