26

after a second night of not having a nightmare, mom told me the hospital was considering letting me go home. they said it could've been due to some immense amount of stress happening all at one time, and there wasn't anything wrong with me.

i knew that didn't really make sense, because just a day before the first nightmare-less night, i was the most stressed i had been in a long time.

but i wasn't really concerned about it right now. it was friday, so jaemin was coming over to spend the night.

as soon as i heard a couple of knocks on the door, i hopped up off my bed and swung it open, revealing not only jaemin, but haechan too.

they sauntered inside with their pillows and blankets and everything, already dressed in silly pajama pants. it's become a custom now.

"that nurse still doesn't like me.." haechan mumbled as he set his things down on the couch, frowning a bit. i laughed.

"well, you definitely offended her just a bit." i explained.

"so, what do you wanna do tonight?" jaemin asked me, to which i shrugged. truth or dare was starting to get boring, and there wasn't a lot a couple of teenagers could do in a small hospital room.

"no, no, no," haechan suddenly interrupted, waving his hands around to stop us from saying anymore. i looked at him with a puzzled expression.

"we have to do what we came here to do first, jaemin."

"what are you talking about?" i asked, my eyes going back and forth between the two guys. jaemin suddenly looked kind of panicked.

"well, uh," he chuckled. "i'll just show you."

he then proceeded to make his way to my dresser and open one of my drawers, which really confused me.

after a second of fishing around in my clothes, he pulled out something that looked like... a necklace? he held it up in his fingers, letting the charm on the end dangle. i then noticed that it was a dream catcher charm.

"what's this all about?" i questioned, holding my hand out for him to place the chain in my palm.

"we, uh, wanted to try something. we thought maybe if we hid a dream catcher somewhere, it might work just like renjun's did. and, well... it did." jaemin explained, while i just stared at him, wide-eyed.

how the hell does this make any sense?