7

"your milkshake matches your hair, chenle."

as soon as those words flew from haechan's mouth, all 8 of us busted into a fit of giggles. the bright green in the mint shake was most definitely the same color as chenle's head.

"yeah, well," the younger one started, trying to think of a comeback. but, he only ended up tripping over his words. i chuckled at his cuteness as i sipped on my own banana milkshake.

i didn't know where we were going until we got there. renjun picked a 50's style cafe that i didn't even know existed, but i think i'm going to be coming here rather frequently now.

it was quiet for a moment as we drank our shakes and munched on a few fries. that is, until jeno spoke up, taking me by surprise; "i'm glad you're feeling better, y/n."

he looked straight at me - and smiled. i thought i was going to melt. i'm sure it was noticeable, too, because i could feel the heat rising to my cheeks.

"oh, th- thanks. i'm glad, too."

jaemin, who was sitting right beside me like he usually did, let out a low chuckle that only i could hear. i nudged his arm with my elbow. he looked amused, which slightly annoyed me.

i hated having crushes.

what even was the point? he'll never like me back.

mark's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"yeah, i'm really happy to see you smiling again."

i thanked him with a grin, nervously spinning my straw around. i didn't really want all the attention. i kind of wished they'd just focus on their milkshakes and talk about boy stuff.

"so we should all be thanking me, right?" renjun suddenly joked, rolling his eyes. "suddenly my 'supernatural stuff' is coming in hand, huh?"

i laughed and shoved his shoulder, as he was sitting on the other side of me and easily within my reach. "i don't know how, but your dream catcher worked. thanks, renjun."