27

jaemin's pov

the tv in y/n's room was pretty small, but that didn't stop us from watching cheesy children's movies together.

she was sitting in between me and haechan, her head occasionally falling as she struggled to keep herself awake. it was kind of cute. i couldn't really blame her, though - i think haechan is the only one who's actually paying attention to finding nemo.

we still couldn't come up with an explanation for why dream catchers actually work. we even tried to call renjun and ask him, but he simply said, "it's a spiritual thing, you wouldn't understand." i knew he was always into the mermaids and alien stuff.. but this? i never would've guessed.

y/n said her brain hurt from all the confusion and she wanted to just chill with us instead, so that's what we did. the nurse will probably be in here soon to-

oh my god, is she laying on my shoulder?

i suddenly felt a heavy weight on my arm and looked down to see her head rested against my shoulder, her mouth slightly agape as small breaths fell from her lips. i sucked in a breath, trying to make it less obvious that i was internally freaking out.

haechan pried his eyes from the tv and looked at me, and my eyes met his, silently begging for help. but, of course, he only laughed.

"oh my god, that's so cute." he whispered as i furrowed my eyebrows.

but there wasn't anything i could do, so i let her sleep there.

before long, the nurse was softly knocking on the door. haechan let her in as i woke y/n up, gently shaking her.

"aw, how cute." the nurse said, looking at the way y/n had fallen asleep on my shoulder. thank god the only light in the room was from the tv, because i know my cheeks had turned pink.

y/n sat up, wiping her tired eyes. she apologized for falling asleep on me, but i told her not to worry about it.

then the nurse got her all set up in bed, which i had gotten used to by now, and i made my usual bed on the floor next to her. haechan pulled the sofa bed out for himself.

it didn't take long for haechan to fall asleep, and y/n followed soon after.

i stayed up a bit longer, just thinking.