16

when i woke up, i felt weight on my forearm. i looked down to see that it was jaemin. he had fallen asleep sitting on the floor, his head on my arm.

he was still holding onto my hand, and his pink hair tickled my skin a little.

haechan was still fast asleep on the sofa bed, curled up under the blankets. his earbuds were still plucked in his ears, and i'm sure he wouldn't wake up even if you screamed at him.

i smiled a little. even though my night was rough from what i remembered, i ended up sleeping well for the last portion. thanks to jaemin.

he was probably really tired, i thought.

the nurse would be coming in soon to check on me. after all, they know when i wake up.

i sat up a little, trying not to move my arm, but jaemin stirred anyway. he slowly lifted his head up to look at me, and i chuckled a little at the red mark on his forehead that resulted from him falling asleep on my arm.

"i'm sorry, did i wake you up?" i asked.

he shook his head, the corner of his lips curling up slightly. "no, don't worry."

"you could've went back to bed, y'know. you didn't have to stay with me." i pointed out, noting how uncomfortable it must've been to sleep in that position.

but he shook his head again. "i wanted to."

i was about to thank him when the nurse peeked her head in the room, not even bothering to knock.

as soon as jaemin noticed her, he pulled his hand away from mine, and i couldn't help but notice how his cheeks got a little pink. i wanted to laugh.

"good morning, y/n." she greeted in a quiet voice. "can i come in?"

i nodded. the sooner i get these dumb wires off of me, the better.

jaemin quietly watched as the nurse did what she had to do. it was only the second time i had these stupid things pulled off of me, so i'm definitely not used to it yet.

"i know you woke up last night. the other nurse said she came in and your friend here had helped you fall back asleep." she smiled. "are you okay now?" she asked, looking at both me and jaemin.

"yeah," i answered, running a hand through my hair. "i woke up because of a nightmare, but i don't remember what it was."

"ah," she grinned. "it was really sweet of you and the other boy to want to stay with her tonight." she turned to jaemin, continuing to smile.

as soon as jaemin was about to say it was no big deal, a voice behind us interrupted everything.

"why are you guys so damn loud? it's like... way too early. shut up, will you?"

haechan's groggy voice surprised all of us, especially the nurse. i whipped my head around to give him the death glare.

"oh.. i'm sorry ma'am.." his face flushed. he hadn't noticed that she was in the room. "i- i, uh.. didn't know you were in here.."

jaemin sighed.