13

i didn't think that jaemin was serious about the whole sleepover thing.

but as i was sitting in my bed, scrolling through instagram, waiting for the nurses to come in and hook a bunch of wires to me, there were a couple of soft knocks on the door.

i didn't expect to see jaemin and haechan when i swung the door open, but i certainly wasn't complaining. it was so much better than seeing one of the nurse's flashy smiles. i greeted them with a grin, and welcomed them in.

haechan was holding multiple pillows against his torso, while jaemin had a couple of blankets draped over his arm.

"what are you guys doing?" i asked with a laugh, shutting the door.

"having a sleepover," haechan responded with a hint of sass. "duh."

jaemin let out a laugh at that. "if you want to, of course. we got permission from the doctor and your mom."

i felt a warm feeling bubble up in my gut. i couldn't help but smile like a dork.

"yeah, of course i want to! thank you guys."

and just like that, i was in a much better mood than i previously had been in.

"it must suck to sleep here alone." jaemin said as he set the blankets down on the couch, and haechan did the same with the pillows.

i shrugged. "yeah, it does. but it could be worse, i guess. and hopefully they'll find out what the hell is wrong with me so i don't have nightmares anymore."

they both nodded, giving me sympathetic smiles.

"it'll be okay, y/n." haechan assured me, but it was kind of hard to take him seriously. i don't know why, but i hadn't noticed his unicorn pajama pants until now.

"what's so funny?" he asked, and i didn't realize that i had laughed out loud.

jaemin giggled too. "your pants..."