14

"truth or dare?"

it was about the fortieth time i had to answer that question, and i was honestly getting kind of tired of it. i didn't wanna have to attempt a cartwheel with one hand or text poor jisung something stupid like "i think ur toes are nice" again, so i picked truth.

haechan thought for a moment, his finger on his chin. we were all seated in a small circle on the floor, surrounded by a multitude of pillows and blankets and dressed head-to-toe in comfortable pajamas. it felt like we were little kids again.

"who do you like?"

i was taken aback by his question. it was so childish, yet i was way too afraid to answer it. he smirked, as if he knew he had gotten me this time. i gave jaemin a panicked look, but he only shrugged as if to say there was nothing he could do to help me.

"oh, come on. you hang out with seven guys every day, you've gotta have a crush on one of them. is it mark?"

"what? no!"

"renjun?"

"no!"

"jisu-"

"no."

"is it me?"

"what?! haechan!"

"jeno?"

"n- no!"

i cursed myself for stuttering and turning pink. why do i suck so bad at lying?

"you like jeno?!" he nearly yelled, his lips curling into an amused smile. i quickly shushed him.

"please don't tell anyone." i begged, my hands clasping together. jaemin looked at me sympathetically, as if he felt bad for not stepping in and shutting haechan up.

haechan laughed. "i won't, i promise. did you know?" he turned to jaemin and asked.

jaemin hesitantly nodded.

"then it'll be our little secret."

i felt so dumb and childish at that moment. secrets at a sleepover. how cliché.

but, i nodded anyway.

just then, my phone went off. it was a reply from jisung.

mochi:
uh.. thanks?

mochi:
ur toes are nice too

me:
i'm sorry it was a dare :(

mochi:
oh haha.. i knew haechan was behind this

i glared up at haechan for making me say something so awkward to jisung, but he only laughed after reading the texts.

at that moment, a nurse peeked her head into the door. as if we were children, she told us that we should be getting ready for bed soon. it was only 9:30.

i reluctantly nodded, and she smiled at us before leaving.

"i'm sorry, guys." i said just above a whisper, shoving my phone into my pocket. tomorrow was saturday, they shouldn't have to go to bed so early just because of me.

"hey, it's no big deal." jaemin assured, his hand on my shoulder. "we came here for you. i think we can handle going to bed a little earlier than usual." he let out a light laugh, and i smiled at his kind gesture.

we pulled the bed out from the couch and the two boys got comfortable. haechan stuck his earbuds in his ears, claiming that he "can't sleep without michael jackson."

the nurse came in and hooked up all my wires and stuff. jaemin and haechan watched, wide-eyed. after she left, bidding us a goodnight, haechan exclaimed;

"dude, that's got to be uncomfortable."

i chuckled. "extremely."