8

after a long evening of milkshakes and seven loud boys, i was ready to go home. i think the people who worked at the cafe were ready for us to go home, too.

i'm sure they were tired of hearing all the eruptions of laughter, but it was chenle's high pitched laugh in particular that they were most tired of hearing.

jaemin offered to walk me home, which i was very grateful for. it was getting to be too dark outside for me to walk alone. the last thing i wanted was to have a nightmare about a dark alleyway.

before we left, i gave renjun a big hug and thanked him once again. i also made sure to look at jeno one last time, just so i could see his face. he waved at me, so i gave him a quick smile and whipped my head back around out of fear that he would see my pink cheeks.

the guys went their separate ways, and we began our trek down the sidewalk, walking side-by-side.

it kind of reminded me of middle school, when we'd walk home together after school. that was when he was my neighbor, though.

"so, jeno.." he suddenly said, barely over a whisper. i turned my head in his direction, giving him a look.

"you really like him, don't you?"

the tone in his voice was nearly unrecognizable. it really didn't sound like he was about to crack a joke.

"i mean, yeah. he's really sweet, and funny, and handsome-"

"okay. i was just wondering."

the way he cut me off threw me off guard just a bit.

after a while of awkward silence, we eventually reached my house, resulting in the longest walk ever. i've never felt uncomfortable around jaemin like that.

"hey, sleep well tonight, okay?" he said before flashing me a quick smile, then turning on his heel and walking towards his house. i didn't get a chance to thank him.

as soon as i opened the door, i wished that i hadn't.

"where have you been? we're going to be late for your appointment."

i completely forgot about that. i checked the time and saw that it was 6:54. the appointment was at 7.

dream catcher | jaeminजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें