Entire Squad | Lost

Shyland + Morgan get lost

I honestly don't know what the fuck this is. It's something tho. I've been gone awhile, I owe it to those who still read this book.

"We're lost." Shane whines, slumping against the passenger door.

Ryland glances at his boyfriend before returning his gaze to the road. "No, we are not."

"Oh really? Then where are we?" Shane crosses his arms over his chest. When Ryland bites his lip, Shane huffs and slumps against the door again.

"Look there's a sign." Morgan exclaimed from the front seat, Ryland swerved and glared at Morgan. She slides down in her seat while Shane sighs in relief.

"There's a town ahead. 6 miles."

"We'll ask for direction or hopefully we find service."

The rest of the drive was quiet. When they arrived in the small town, it was quiet too. Too quiet. There were no cars driving on the roads, there were no people in sight. Even though the town look very cleanly and well kept is was almost like it was abandoned. Ryland, who didn't know where he was going, turned down a random street. With their great luck, they hear a strange sound. It was loud and it startled them. They managed to pull over and discovered they had a flat tire.

Ryland kicked the flat. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

Getting back into the vehicle, he all but slams his head into the steering wheel.

"Are we stuck here?" Morgan asks.

"I hope not." Shane mumbles, looking around. "This place gives me the creeps."

****

Your town was weird. Unless you grew up here, you weren't welcome. You know that moment in an old western, when the outlaw comes into town and everyone goes inside and closes everything up? Yea, that's what happens. It's all very dramatic. You don't know how everyone knows when outsiders show up. It's like they have a sixth sense.

Anyways, you knew as soon as you saw Janice, you next door neighbor, scurry inside mid planting of a tomato plant, someone was in town. You decided to venture out. You'll be the talk of the town for the next week. Oh well.

You wondered down the alley after informing your fiance, who gave you an iced coffee before leaving, what a sweetheart. You take a left, and stumble upon a car, with California plates. Being in the backwoods of Wisconsin. That's weird.

You walk towards it. You can see the outsiders. Then you notice the flat. Walking to the passenger side, you tap on the glass, startling the man.

He hesitantly rolls down the window. The first words out of your mouth were:

"You're not from around here."

"Um... no. We got lost and-"

"Got a flat. I noticed. Need some help?"

The man looks to the driver. They share a look. You wait patiently, taking a sip of coffee. You nearly moan, it tastes like heaven.

The man looks back at you. "If it ain't too much trouble."

"Not at all." You take another sip of coffee.

"Unfortunately, the autoshop is closed this weekend. Brett has a bad shoulder, he's getting fixed up."

"There's no one else?" The driver asks.

"Nope." You pop the 'p'. Taking another sip, you wave your hand around dismissively. "Just Brett."