Shane | Father Figure

I was at a wedding recently and instead of watching the beautiful union of two people, I zoned out and thought about how Shane would react to being asked to walk someone down the aisle.

You guys are so sweet! Thank you for the good luck wishes!

Female!Reader

Andrew had proposed on a cool summer night, but that's a story for another time ;). Anyway, it was the day after and you were dying to show Shane and the squad your new engagement ring.

It was simple and elegant. It was beautiful. It sparkled on your finger as Ryland yanked you over to the window.

"Oh my god! Shane, I want one." He whined, looking longingly at the ring on your finger. Andrew, your fiance, giggled from his spot next to Garrett. Garrett was grinning ear to ear, happy for his best friend and the women he considered his little sister.

Morgan took her turn admiring your ring, before passing you along to Shane. You smile at him and he pulls you in for a hug.

"I'm so proud of you, Y/N." He whispers against your head. He pressed a kiss to hair before pulling away.

"Shane?" You look at Andrew nervously. He gives a encouraging smile. You take a deep breath.

Shane waits for you patiently, letting you compose yourself. With one final deep breath, you reach out and take Shane's hands.

"Since I joined the squad, I have looked up to each and every one of you." You look around at each of your friends and smiled.

Looking back up at Shane, your eyes begin to water. "I look up to you the most and I'm very grateful for all you have done for me. That being said..."

You take another deep breath, sniffling right after from the tears now running down your cheeks.

"...I want you to walk me down the aisle."

Everyone but you and Andrew gasped. Shane sniffles and pulls you into a bear hug.

"Why me?" He murmurs.

"You're the father figure in my life, Shane. My biological father passed away when I was little.   You've been there for me like the father you are meant to be, even though I'm only four years younger than you. You took me in when I  needed you, all of you, the most. I can think of no better way to honor you than have you walk me down the aisle on one of the biggest days of my life." You finished.

A constant stream of tears now ran down your face. You looked up at Shane, who was nearly sobbing in happiness.

"Of course I'll walk you down the aisle!" He sniffles. He uses his shirt to wipe at his cheeks and nose.

You sighed in relief and lunge at him to give him a bear hug of your own.

"Thank you so much."

"No, thank you."