Shane | Mine | Pt. 2

I love when autocorrect corrects words I don't want it too. I'm glad those who saw that mistake found hilarious. I'll honest I did too, but I died a little inside. It's fixed now. Carry on.

"Where are you, you little shit?" You growl, a knife clutched in your hand.

Your latest victim escaped and was wandering around in the house. It was partly Shane's fault. You figured it was all part of his plan of escape. Distract you. Run. That won't happen though, if you have anything to do about it.

Your house was pitch black. Shane must have cut the power. You knew the house well though so you had the advantage. 

You here rustling behind you. You spin fast thrusting your knife out. You smirk when you feel it stick into something solid. You hear a gasp and a thud. You pull out your phone to use the flashlight, gasping when you see who you had stabbed.

Shane coughed and sputtered, blood leaking out of his mouth. You fall to your knees, tears falling down your face.

"No." You whisper.

Shane laughs, "Now I'm free."

You let out a scream-

****

"Shane!"

"SHANE!"

His eyes snap open and all he sees is white. He turns his head. Next to him is a women. Her long hair up in a tight ponytail. Her black scrubs make her stick out in the bright room. Slowly she looks up, flinching when she see his eyes staring a hole through her.

Shane's eyes widen for another reason.

"No." He whispers. "I'm supposed to be free."

"Good afternoon, Mr. Yaw." You smile. This smile is different though. It confuses Shane.

"You gave us quite the scare, you know." 

"I- What?"

"Amnesia is common in trauma victims. Your vehicle was hit by a drunk driver." You explain.

"W-What?" 

"Your friends have been worried too. One always spends the night. That one is still sleeping."

Shane looks at who you're pointing at and he immediately starts yanking on wires and tubes. You panic and attempt to push Shane back into the bed.

"I'll wake him for you. You'll hurt yourself if you keep moving like that!" Shane calms slightly. He whimpers and makes grabby hands at the sleeping figure.

"G-Garrett." He whispers.

"He's on pain meds. He was in the care with you. Probably saved your life. Lucky guy, only suffered from a slight concussion and a few bruised ribs." You smile at Shane, walking over to wake Shane's friend.

"Wake up, Gare-bear." You touch his shoulder gently, but he still shoots up.

He tries to shoot up when he sees Shane awake, but he hisses in pain, clutching his side. 

"Careful." You scold. You help him up, letting him use you as a crutch to get him over to Shane's bed.

Garrett plops down next to Shane, clutching onto him. Shane sobs, clutching onto his best friend. Garrett hushes him.

"It's okay." He murmurs.

Shane sniffles. "Ryland?"

"Went home to shower." Shane sobbed in relief. It was a dream. It was all a dream.

"I can call Morgan and Andrew too, if you'd like?"

"Please." Garrett nods.

He turns his attention back to Shane as you slip put of the room. Shane was still sniffling. Trying his best not to hurt himself or Garrett.

"Who's was the nurse? She called you garebear."

Shane sniffles again, leaning foreword to hide in Garrett's neck.

"That is Y/N Dobrik. She's David Dobrik's big sister."

Shane nods, calmed by the fact. He sags back into his bed. He studies his friend. His shirt only buttoned half way. What looks like a brace peeking through the open garment.

Shane reaches out to touch the brace gently.

"She said you saved my life. How?"

"You had dropped your phone and waited until a stop light to pick it up. You unbuckled. You forgot to put your seatbelt back on. I noticed right before the impact. Had I not been leaning  forward already, I wouldn't have been able to grab you and you would have probably went through the windshield. Or least hit your head pretty bad."

"Shane?"

The two friends looked to the door. A winded Ryland stood gripping the door frame. Morgan and Andrew appeared seconds later, panting.

"Thank god!" Ryland rushed in pressing little kisses to Shane's face. Shane sniffles and reaches up to pull Ryland into a real kiss.

They part and Ryland smiles down Shane.

"I thought I had lost you." He murmurs.

Shane looks around the room. At all of his friends gathered around. "Me too."

He reaches out for Ryland. They hug and one by one the others join.

Meanwhile, by the door, you stood. No longer in black scrubs, you stand wearing a black button up tucked into black skinny jeans. Your hair is now resting gently on your shoulders.

A man with messy, black hair lands next to you. Wings tucked neatly against his tan trench coat.

"Was that necessary?" He asked gruffly.

Your jet black wings fold out neatly, preparing for flight.

"Yes, brother. It was the only way."